Respected Contributor

HELP, Jai J424873 bracelet length?

I could use some help, please! If any of you happen to have J424873, the Jai Byzantine and Box chain bracelet, could you please measure for me? I always wear an average in Jai bracelets and that's what I ordered. It is too big. The plastic bag that bracelets come in usually have the item number and the size noted on it...this one did not have the size. So I wonder if I got a large by mistake. If you have this bracelet in small, average, or large could you measure it from tip to tip? Knowing the actual length of any of those sizes would help me out. Thanks so much!!!

JAI Sterling Silver Byzantine & Box Chain Bracelet, 12.5-14.7g - J424873

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP, Jai J424873 bracelet length?

Description

When you can't decide between a bold box chain and intricate Byzantine style, don't worry. This beautiful blended bracelet showcases both distinctive designs in elegant fashion. From JAI.

• Sterling silver
  • Beads measures 8.0 mm
  • Total sterling silver weight is approximately 12.5g to 14.7g
  • Half 4.0mm box chain; half 3.5mm Byzantine chain; hammered bead in center; slightly oxidized; polished finish
  • Sukhothai twist lobster claw clasp with endcap
  • X-Small: 6-1/4" Fit; measures approximately 3/8"W
  • Small: 6-3/4" Fit; measures approximately 3/8"W
  • Average: 7-1/4" Fit; measures approximately 3/8"W
  • Large: 8" Fit; measures approximately 3/8"W
  • X-Large: 8-1/4" Fit; measures approximately 3/8"W
  • Imported
♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Could you compare to your current average sizes?  That might be the answer.  

Respected Contributor

Wanted to add, I certainly understand that an average size Jai bracelet should have a "71/4" inch fit." And depending on the style of the bracelet not all averages will be the same length. Jai has to adjust the length to accommodate how the thickness, style, design of the bracelet will actually "fit" on the wrist. I have six other Jai bracelets and they are all in the average size. This particular bracelet that I ordered in average rolls right off my hand! That's why I wonder if I got a large by mistake.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Could you compare to your current average sizes?  That might be the answer.  

@Still Raining 

Yes, thanks! I already did that and it is about 1/4 inch longer then my average bracelets I already have in the style below. BUT, the question remains is this a large size sent out by mistake or the average that I ordered. Was just hoping someone else could give me an actual measurement of J424873 that they have. If QVC made a mistake and sent me a large, and then I ask for an exchange in small to get a shorter one then the one I have, then it will be too small. I don't want to get caught up in having to return a bunch of bracelets! LOL! 

WAIT A DARN MINUTE, now that I just wrote all the above, I went and measured the two against each other again. When I measured a few days ago I laid the bracelets down on my vanity and the one below that I already own tends to scrunch up when laying it down and it was shorter. When I hold them in my fingers and let them hang they are pretty close in length with the one in question just a smidge longer. And when wearing the one below with many more beads on it I think it would not roll off the hand as easily because of the design.

OKAY, bottom line to this boring personal saga is I am beginning to think the J424873 bracelet is likely an average. But because of the design it will roll off my hand easier. I have an average size wrist but small hands. 

Thanks so much!!!!!!

JAI Sterling 3.7mm Signature Texture Bead Brace - J405266

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped 

Adulting is hard isn't it 🥰

That said, if I was still bothered by the rolling it would go back.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining 

I had a bit of a duh moment when measuring the second time. Ha!

I guess my issue is generally I need a small size for my hand and an average for my wrist. Seems I "ain't" built right. 🤣