Respected Contributor

Gold color of Steel by Design

I am considering purchasing some Steel by Design jewelry with the gold coloring.  Is it similar in color to 14k gold?  Darker?  Lighter?  Brassier?  Thank you for all responses!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gold color of Steel by Design

I might wonder HOW LONG that gold color will last...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

It didn't last. I bought one piece and the gold started wearing off the 2nd time I wore it.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

It didn't last. I bought one piece and the gold started wearing off the 2nd time I wore it.

@CalminHeart    I kinda thought so.    I bought another brand, and had the same thing happen.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

I am considering purchasing some Steel by Design jewelry with the gold coloring.  Is it similar in color to 14k gold?  Darker?  Lighter?  Brassier?  Thank you for all responses!

@Ainhisg 

To me it looks like 14K gold color. As others have mentioned, it might wear off easily. Earrings or pendants might be your best bet. Rings or bracelets could get more wear 'n tear so those could show the gold coming off sooner.

ETA-

I own several pieces of SBD in the gold plated version. Most are earrings and a few are pendants.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee I ordered gold hoop earrings.  I am ordering them to replace 14K hollow hoop earrings (almost exact size/shape) that have gotten dented.  At least the Steel by Design won't dent!  I won't wear them often, so here's hoping the gold stays on for a while. If I don't like the color or it starts wearing off, I can return them until January 31, and at least with free shipping, I won't lose initial shipping fees.  Nothing ventured; nothing gained!  Thank you!  

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @Ainhisg

I hope you enjoy your new hoops!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

HSN had a brand called Emma Skye, I purchased a nice necklace that has gold on alternating rings around the neck, it is my go to piece.  They use a process called ION coating?  Anyway I have had it for years, gold tone looks the same.  I just ordered some pieces from Stately Steel on HSN.  I love stainless steel because you do not have to baby it.  It would be nice if they made more pieces out of stainless steel.  

Trusted Contributor

I haven’t seen a Steel By Design presented on air in a couple of years at least. I know they don’t do jewelry like they used to (although Diamonique seems to be only more frequently), but I’d like to see a show once in a while. I have a pair of earrings in the SBD line that are shaped like calla lilies; I get compliments whenever I wear them.