Honored Contributor

Re: Get ready ladies. Chuck Clemency's stone for 2018 is.......

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Sleeping beauty turquoise.  He made the announcement Saturday night to a caller. 

Woman Surprised

@Lipstickdiva

Who is this guy?

He has several lines of jewelry on Evine. Every year, he announces a stone of the year for his lines.

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I am so "up to here" with sleeping beauty turquoise.  Ever since the mine closed in 2012, every shopping channel has been preaching about how it won't be available, buy all you can get, stock up on it.......all while boring us with hours and hours of it presentations.  There are two channels in particular that I have in mind.

Surely, if anyone wanted more of the stone, they would have bought it by now.  If anyone is buying it for "investment" purposes, well just who are you planning to sell it to, and when?

@2blonde Why not tell us what you really think??!  Hahaha.

Just enjoyed reading your comment. 🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

The thing that's ironic about the Sleeping Beauty craze is that true collectors of fine turquoise don't want anything to do with it.  Collectible turquoise is prized for its color and matrix pattern.  Also SB is very poor quality, so soft when it came from the mine it was like chalk.  It has to be stabilized just to hold it together.

The mine owners should thank their lucky stars for the TV shopping channels or they would have never gotten rid of the stuff.  It's been hyped to death.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624,

I still remember your beautiful jewelry collection, sadly I live in CT, sometimes there are nice pieces in our Natural History Museum.

I will return to your post to google the name of the designers.🌻

Honored Contributor

The shopping channels tend to overdo it ..... here, before SB, it was black spinel .... and before that it was druzy .... and before that .....  hmm, I don't remember ....

Honored Contributor

Poor Chuck.  I used to love watching him and really liked his jewelry.  I quit watching and buying his stuff.   He's gone so far downhill and is no different than a million other vendors.