Frequent Contributor

In honor of Gem Day, I am going to go through my jewelry boxes and admire all of the lovely jewelry that I purchased from QVC from 1991 to around 2008. Once that's done, I can safely go back online to check out the items that have been shown on air and know that I got such a good deal on some beautiful, quality pieces back then that I do not need to overspend on the pieces that are being offered today. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lakesfan   Excellent idea to admire and enjoy what you already have.  I always find pieces I'd forgotten about or pieces I've never even worn.  save yourself some money.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a lot of jewelry from days gone by but my largest collection is from Honora pearls. I thought I needed all colors while I working. Long story short I buy very little now due to developing arthritis in some fingers. I no longer wear large dangle earrings due to their weight. Love stud earrings and the happy backs. Love looking at jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Don't you just love to look at beautiful jewelry.  I rearrange things a lot. I put colors together, or types of together.

The other day, I realized how much I liked earrings.  

Bracelets, I don't really wear a lot and rings on arthritic hands, well that idea is changing, and necklaces I need to be in front of a mirror to really enjoy.  I love to look at it, since some feels very artistic.  

But in truth, I really don't need (hahahaha) any more.

Regular Contributor

So true....I am so glad I invested in some really good pieces years ago before gold prices went up so much, even those that I bought just 10 years ago. 

I have to say, I am so grateful to QVC for the quality of jewelry over the years- I have some of the very first Adi Paz pieces offered, a lot of beautiful Sleeping Beauty Turquoise set in 14K gold, Aquamarine....beautiful.  

I love it, and I enjoy and wear it all and have already given my daughter some of the more dramatic earrings etc. that I think look better on someone younger. I am glad I invested in this jewelry when I did!

Honored Contributor

I've don't purchase most jewelry from QVC now.  I just don't like what I see.  I skip the stuff set in silver.  I always watch when I catch something set in gold.  But the stones seem blah.  I don't like their diamonds (Affinity is the pits)  Their Sapphires are the absolute worst.  Inky blue black in color.  Rubies are better looking, but not transparent and duller then good ones.  It's what you expect.  You won't get good stones under $5,000.00.  Gemstones over the years have gone extraordinarily high in price.  Rubies sell in the millions per carat now.  I like and purchased all 18K in the past, but that's it.  Gemstones have collectors now rather then wearing them as jewelry.  

Valued Contributor
That’s an awesome idea. There are 2 pieces I really wanted to purchase and was hoping they would be discounted for gem day but they were not. They only offered easy pay. So now I am thinking if I should purchase one or none. They are both 300.00 😫
Honored Contributor

Gem Day - who knew? I sure didn't. They play this day up at all did they? I sure didn't see nor received anything about it.

A good laugh today? Gem prices. Now that it's here, I'm leaving them all in the store.

Honored Contributor

At least no Susan Graver this morning. LOL

Respected Contributor

Looks like nobody is buying! I am not even watching - working all day!