Honored Contributor

If I knew in 2008 what I know now, I would not have been so qiuick to sell so much of my gold jewelry.  Gold prices went up and there was a mad frenzy with companies guy gold jewelry.  I sold a lot of mine, assuming I could replace some of it over time.  That never happened.  I used the money to travel, I have no regrets about that.  I have to laugh at myself when I see how many thousands of dollars heavier gold pieces cost now.  However, I am buying gold from ShopLC now.  They have great gold prices and they are selling more and more of it.  I'm ok with 10k, the "recipe" they use for it now looks exactly like 14k.  I have all the silver jewelry I want so I am only buying their gold.  I don't believe gold prices have been on a roller coaster at all, it started going up in 2007 or 2008 and has excelerated rate.  Gold prices go up, they never go down.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've never bought any jewelry with thoughts of reselling it....never crossed my mind. I buy it to keep or to give as gifts.

Same here I never had children so will leave to a charity or the Humane Society.

Honored Contributor

I can't even look at 10K gold.  If it's on, (JTV & ShopLC are worst offenders) I switch off the channel. 

Honored Contributor

LOL  funny.........