Honored Contributor

It seems that most Q designers have forgotten Garnets or Rhodolite Garnets, which have a more pink color, in their jewelry. The deeper red or darker pink would be a great addition...espcially in the JAI lineup. 

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus   I agree. Garnet is my birthstone and that is the first thing I searched for when I saw the TSV bracelet.

A few years ago, I bought a Garnet ring on QVC and it was a deep dark red. It is still one of my favorite pieces of jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I immediately noticed because rhodolite is my favorite gemstone, but it must be pink and not rusty red.  I'm picky about them.  Have quite a few. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: GARNETS MIA

[ Edited ]

My fave is Anthill garnet (from Arizona). I have a pair of earrings and the stones are true red, no brown, orange or pink cast to them...they are RED. Some people think they are rubies b/c they are very red. They really don't look like any other kind of garnet in the world. 

Anthill garnets are sometimes called 'Arizona rubies' because of their deep red color.

1.85 ctw Anthill Garnet Flower Stud Earrings in Platinum Over Sterling Silver

Honored Contributor

I wish they would have precious gem stones!  Love to Sapphires, Rubies, Emerald.  I know they never would.  I could imagine the cost!

Frequent Contributor

Re: GARNETS MIA

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   I've never heard of rhodolite pink garnets until QVC. I might be wrong, but I think it was Barbara Bixby who first introduced me to them. They are pretty gemstones.

@SilleeMee   I just looked up Anthill Garnets. Fascinating origin story!!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus - There is one Rhodolite Judith Ripka ring currently available for purchase, but it does not have her usual styling and bergé.  I still regret not having purchased a lovely cushion shaped garnet enhancer with necklace she once made.  

I do have two incredible garnet rings courtesy of Michael Valitutti, one an oval and the other a larger cushion stone of about 8 or 9 carats. Truly museum quality. Bright red stones are a rarity, for sure, and they are eye-poppingly beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@NewNickname1x1000 

Yes, the story about Anthill garnet is very interesting. Because the little ants are doing the 'mining' the size of the garnets found are not very big. In fact a one carat Anthill garnet is rare. Most are much smaller than that and most jewelry is usually cluster designs rather than solitaires.

Valued Contributor

YES, where are the deep red traditional garnets?  Please JAI - more RED garnets!  Would have purchased the tsv had it been offered in garnets!

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born   I bet I have the same oval garnet ring of Michael's that you have. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment