Occasional Contributor

Gold finish has disappeared. What to do?

Respected Contributor

Gold finish is never permanent.  

Daily wear and tear always affect the finish, no matter how thick.

Jewelry will also get tiny scratches and little dents from wearing.

You can take it to a local jeweler and see if they can replate the piece at a reasonable cost.

In the future, if your budget allows, consider Adi Paz, which is true 14 karat gold jewelry from the same designer.

Trusted Contributor

@hjhrgd wrote:

Gold finish has disappeared. What to do?

I would contact company. I believe there is a warrenty on his items. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a bracelet from QVC that bought years ago.  I believe Antonella was the host when I bought it.  Anyway, it is stainless steel with some of the links being clad in rose gold.  Well most of the rose gold has worn off, though I rarely even wore this bracelet.  I won't buy anything that is plated or clad anymore.  It just does not last.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Occasional Contributor

How  to contact?

Trusted Contributor

@hjhrgd wrote:

How  to contact?

danny newfield has his website selling or paz. just contact their customer service. I'm sure if you explain what happened they will at least tell you if they can help. just plug in his name and his website should come up.

Occasional Contributor

Untrue. I have many gold plated items  Never had this happen in fact, I can't tell which items are plated and which are solid gold. The only remedy for my problem is a new ring.

Honored Contributor

@hjhrgd wrote:

Untrue. I have many gold plated items  Never had this happen in fact, I can't tell which items are plated and which are solid gold. The only remedy for my problem is a new ring.

I have a couple of monet bracelets, never tarnished and you know how old they are.  One I purchased in a store that sold misc jewelry used.  Not sure how monet did it but it lasts,  I also have a couple of Victoria Weick's rings that are plated and not tarnishing.  Not sure how the process is different from vendor to vendor.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@hjhrgd wrote:

I have a couple of monet bracelets, never tarnished and you know how old they are.  One I purchased in a store that sold misc jewelry used.  Not sure how monet did it but it lasts,  I also have a couple of Victoria Weick's rings that are plated and not tarnishing.  Not sure how the process is different from vendor to vendor.

I find that QVC gold plated jewelry loses its color.  And all the bronze jewelry I bought, gorgeous Honora pearls, looks like trash except for the pearls.  HSN's technibond never dies!  Amazing.  I don't know if they are selling anymore.

I also have some ancient Monet pieces, from the 1980s. 1990s.  Still look like gold.

If anyone knows how to cure the tarnished bronze honora pieces I would love to hear.  I guess I'll start a thread at some point, but for now, if anyone has anything to share, that would be lovely.