Respected Contributor

Eternagold Prices Have Skyrocketed

The new bangle is so pretty and tempting, BUT they have gone lower budget in production by using a figure-eight safety clasp instead of the traditional Eternagold inner gold expansion wire.

I like watching the show, but the prices are making me gasp.  All those who purchased in the past made great investments.  I notice Imperial Gold does not even bother to bring any new pieces.

I do not think my jewelry collection will be growing at all during this show!

Respected Contributor

Re: Eternagold Prices Have Skyrocketed

As expected, prices for prime QVC airtime have gone up, and they're not able to buy in as great volume as they used to because people aren't buying like they used to.

Super Contributor

I’m glad I bought my gold jewelry before the gold prices jumped long ago. An average working person could afford to buy gold back then. I will not pay the prices that they want for gold now when it is just a matter of people manipulating prices for something that is actually still worth the same as it was several years ago.
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper    I feel so fortunate  to have been able to buy gold when I was still working.  I hit the sweet spot when gold prices declined for a while and QVC had excellent selection and quality in their classic offerings.  

Now I wear very little jewelry, so with the exception of an occasional foray into an inexpensive trinket, I can look without the slightest temptation to buy.   I doubt I would even if suddenly gold lost so much value we could once again buy it at those years ago prices and quality.

Respected Contributor

I know.  I bought gold years ago when I was working and could afford it.  Most of my pieces are pretty classic so I am still wearing them today.  No way could I afford gold now.

Respected Contributor

Would consider necklace but price and gram weight are crazy. Like many of you I bought back when- started when gold was $250 a gram.

Honored Contributor

Those gold bangles 'solid' gold ?  I paid 600 for mine not that long ago and this was even at a jewelry store.  Now, they're on 'sale' for 1,000.

I got a paperclip bracelet in 14kt at Sam's for 200 or 216 forget which exactly.

Haven't bought anything.

Honored Contributor

I got the little 14K motife enhancers (more like little pendants though) I got the the yellow and white heart.  I can put these on bracelets.  I also got the yellow star. 

Right now QVC is down.  I called because I couldn't access anything.  They should be up later this afternoon. 

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper    Many people who bought EternaGold in years long past, have complained that when they return pieces for repair or replacement, they are replaced (never repaired) with tinny pieces representative of today's values not the equivalent of the original.  EternaGold has a real racket going apparently.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree the Eternagold prices are expensive even on sale.  I have a couple of pieces I bought in the past and am still quite pleased with them many years later.  For anyone buying today I hope the quality is still there because the gold is beautiful.