Respected Contributor

Re: Earlobe piercing closed up

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve had this issue from to time. I would put a pair of studs on and keep them on but don’t find it comfortable to sleep with them. Awhile back was having issues with my lobes swelling up sometimes to the point where they would bleed. Then I realized that I must be allergic to one of the metals, maybe bronze, so stopped wearing anything but 14K and have not had that problem since. Strange times we have been living in, only wearing earrings to grocery store and same with makeup which means only a couple days a week for me!
Contributor

Thank you for all the great ideas. The neosporin and alcohol have helped with the swelling.

Valued Contributor

SilleeMee...could you tell me where you ordered your earrings from.  My grandaughter just had a third hole pierced and wants the same kind of earrings.    Thanks!

Respected Contributor

For those who might be interested, there are quite a few pairs of stud earrings online. I was interested in gold so searched “14k gold stud earrings”. I purchased a set of two Eterna gold Stud earrings last night during flash free ship event. I believe smallest size is 4m which I plan to wear daily when not going out etc so my ear holes don’t close.
Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 piercings each ear done 40 years ago.  They never close even after years.

Honored Contributor

@tampalady wrote:

SilleeMee...could you tell me where you ordered your earrings from.  My grandaughter just had a third hole pierced and wants the same kind of earrings.    Thanks!

@tampalady 

I found them on Etsy. Look for endless wire hoop earrings. You' can get them in 14k gold, sterling and stainless steel.

Respected Contributor

I wear 14K ultra mini huggie hoops like these 24/7:

Ultra Mini Huggie Hoop Earrings in 14k Yellow Gold (7/16")

I take them out & clean them frequently & put them back in.  I have 2 pair of yellow gold & one pr in white gold.  I like that there's nothing to catch or snag on anything, so they're fine to sleep in.  I bought them when gold was cheap (I've had them for about 20 years now) & they're a lot heavier & sturdier than they appear to be. I recently bought the 2nd pair of yellow gold from Blue Nile & they were over twice what I paid for the ones I bought from Ben Bridge in Seattle back in the late 90's when gold was cheap.

I had been used to wearing then wire lever back type earrings since I had my ears pierced in high school & the post on the huggies was way too thick to even force into my old piercings, & places like Claire's couldn't enlarge them.   So I ended up going to a tattoo/piercing parlor where they had the tools & skill to enlarge the piercings.  He made the holes bigger & popped in my huggies & told me how to care for them until they're healed & I've never had any problems since.