Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone remember Dan Dennis??

With so many young upstarts clammering to land a job on these shopping channels, one would think surely they could find someone to take Dan's place.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

He should retire.  He's back on that classless liquid chanel.  The set and the direction is very tacky.   I don't know why he was on HSN for such a long time.  I just have a tough time even looking at him.

Super Contributor

He doesn't wear a rug, just bad hair dye.

Honored Contributor

Worse than Bowersox and Bryant on Q years ago? Those two guys competed on everything.  

Honored Contributor

How do you know the LC fired him????  Just because he left, doesn't mean he was fired and since he's back now and back in a big way, it's more likely that he left on good terms.  Dan is Dan.  He's older now and like many older people, he's short on patience and sometimes cranky.  But the man knows jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Everyone hates him....and yet....everyone watches him...LOL

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Worse than Bowersox and Bryant on Q years ago? Those two guys competed on everything.  

OMG, those two guys sure had an ego. I was soooo happy when Bowersox was gone. He thought he was such a great actor and a great chef. I thought he was an arrogant jerk.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

OMG, those two guys sure had an ego. I was soooo happy when Bowersox was gone. He thought he was such a great actor and a great chef. I thought he was an arrogant jerk.

Who were these people?  What did they sell on QVC?

Honored Contributor

They were former hosts on QVC trying to outdo each other on cooking shows. Bob thought himself to be a great actor and Steve thought himself to be a great musician. Both had huge egos along with profuse arrogance.

Honored Contributor

He sure does know his jewelry, especially gemstones, he wrote a book on gems years ago, and was Paul Deasy's mentor into the world of gems too.