Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear the same jewelry every day?

I have white gold and Moissanite necklace and earrings that I wear every day.  Same with 8 rings!  They are old, small and beautiful so why leave them in a box somewhere?  

When I worked, I invested in rings because I could see and enjoy them on top of the desk.  They are sentimental to me. 

Not big and gaudy, just good stuff!  I wear white gold on my left hand and yellow on my right hand.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have alot of jewelry and wear something different most everyday. I love it.  I don't work anymore but I don't care I wear my jewelry for me. I love to change out my necklaces and earrings.  Of course I wear my wedding rings everyday and my fitbit. I even change out my wedding rings.  For our 25th anniversary my husband bought me a larger diamond but I wear my first one sometimes too. Sentimental.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Intersting topic @AngelPuppy1 . I have a small pottery tray on my dresser where I put my wedding rings, every day watch and the earrings I wore that day. My bangles are always in the glass bowl up there. 

My top two shallow drawers have jewelry....on the right is the "good stuff" that I'm making an effort to wear more often and the left is my Diamonique and other fashion/not real jewelry. I tend to wear the fashion jewelry when I go out to shop myself at night or maybe to the hospital/doctor appts.  (lately DH is having cataract surgery on both eyes) where I'll be in huge parking decks walking alone. 

In the morning, if painting that day, all jewelry stays off except earrings. I've noticed that if I skip too many days w/o them, it's difficult to put them in. I'm thinking about having them pierced again so the holes go straight in instead of my having to wiggle them around until they turn bright pink.

If going out during the day, it's my signature look of watch w/ several bangles mixed w/ a charm bracelet, wedding rings, earrings and my always there pearls with a 16" chain with my name on it. My aunt gave it to me fo my Sweet Sixteen and I recently had it refurbished and a lobster clasp added instead of a spring ring. I've started wearing my gold jewelry again even though it's said silver hair/silver jewelry. I like breaking the rules.

@Shanus 

What a lovely reply!  Thank you!  Your jewelry pieces sound amazing.  I love the sound of the pearl necklace you were gifted for your sweet sixteen!  I feel I look better in silver, as well, due to my fair, cool coloring, but I do wear gold and love it!  I have had my ears pierced since I was 16 --- and I have the same issue as you!  Why is that, do you suppose?  My whole life I basically never went a day without wearing earrings.  Since I've been retired, I might go several days and I now find that I have to often force earrings in and some earrings I can no longer wear at all!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I know what you mean.  For me, it's because I rarely have occasion to leave the house and so I see no need to keep changing jewerlry.  

Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats 

I am sure you look lovely and elegant!!!  How can you not with your beautiful diamond jewelry!  Enjoy!  Your cat mendant sounds so sweet, also!!! 

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred 

I used to have a second piercing in both ears and I wore teeny-tiny diamond studs.  Years later I got a third in one ear and wore a teeny-tiny ruby stud (my birthstone).  One day, years later, I just got tired of the second and third piercings and removed them.  Now, I do well to just wear earrings in the main piercings!  Your every day earrings sound really pretty! 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Your jewelry sounds Ah-mazing!  I used to wear a lot of rings -- I still love rings! I think I should have gone into the jewelry business because I have always had such a love of it --- all of it! 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

I bet you look so nice with your ever changing selections!  That is so great that you are deciding what you want to gift to your niece and I am sure she will treasure them forever!!! 

Honored Contributor

@nova 

I keep telling myself that I need to make an effort to wear my "stuff!.  A lot of the items have sentimental value and even looking at them melts my heart and makes me smile!  Have fun with your grandbabies! 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I concur!  As our lives change, our jewelry habits do as well!  I used to wear bracelets all the time but since retiring and since my skin has become so thin (blood bruises, etc.), I rarely ever wear them.