Honored Contributor

Do you wear the same jewelry every day?

This might have been asked before but I was just curious!  Do you wear the same jewelry every day?  Or do you change jewelry to go with your outfits or your moods, etc.?  

When I worked, I would change jewelry pretty much every day.  I would, of course, wear my wedding band and engagement ring, but other than that, everything was different.  I would mix real jewelry with faux jewelry and had so much fun doing so!

Since I've retired, on an ordinary day I only wear my wedding band.  I should make more of an effort to wear earrings, rings, etc.  I have so much jewelry and just admire it in the cases and drawers!  It's definitely not the same!  When I go out to do errands, appointments, I do wear different pieces.

I worked with a woman who had lovely real gold and diamond items - very understated - necklace, studs, rings, etc., which she wore every day - and said she was very happy with these items and found no reason to change.  I always thought she looked super and very elegant, and her items looked perfect with everything she wore!

Thank you for your replies! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear the same jewelry every day?

Intersting topic @AngelPuppy1 . I have a small pottery tray on my dresser where I put my wedding rings, every day watch and the earrings I wore that day. My bangles are always in the glass bowl up there. 

My top two shallow drawers have jewelry....on the right is the "good stuff" that I'm making an effort to wear more often and the left is my Diamonique and other fashion/not real jewelry. I tend to wear the fashion jewelry when I go out to shop myself at night or maybe to the hospital/doctor appts.  (lately DH is having cataract surgery on both eyes) where I'll be in huge parking decks walking alone. 

In the morning, if painting that day, all jewelry stays off except earrings. I've noticed that if I skip too many days w/o them, it's difficult to put them in. I'm thinking about having them pierced again so the holes go straight in instead of my having to wiggle them around until they turn bright pink.

If going out during the day, it's my signature look of watch w/ several bangles mixed w/ a charm bracelet, wedding rings, earrings and my always there pearls with a 16" chain with my name on it. My aunt gave it to me fo my Sweet Sixteen and I recently had it refurbished and a lobster clasp added instead of a spring ring. I've started wearing my gold jewelry again even though it's said silver hair/silver jewelry. I like breaking the rules.

Honored Contributor

I changed my jewelry every day before I retired.  Now I'm lucky to change my earrings every so often.

Respected Contributor

Did we work together, Angel Puppy? You described my jewelry habits (I'm not elegant or lovely tho). I wear my wedding set, diamond studs and a diamond pendant every day. Now that pendant is a halo of baguette diamonds surrounding a gold disk with cat paw prints representing our 3 Maine Coon cats that passed. I now wear my Apple watch daily because it runs my life.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never take off my diamond studs in my 2nd piercing (only to clean) don't wear too much jewelry since being retired but wear gold hoop earrings on a daily basis and maybe change out on a weekly basis.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes...I have worn the same jewelry EVERY day 24/7.    I can only wear yellow gold (even white gold gives me a rash).    I clean it several times a week, usually when I wash my hair.

7 earrings, one snake chain choker around my neck, 4 bangles, and a  line bracelet.....and probably more rings than  "average".   All gold, except for an alexandrite engagement ring and the line bracelet. 

I carry my watch on my purse strap.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I change up my jewelry depending on what I am wearing that day.  I always wear my wedding/engagement set but otherwise rarely wear the same thing two days in a row.

As time goes on (aging) I do look at some pieces and set aside for my niece.  She works daily and travels, and does not have much jewelry, I know she will appreciate what I gift her...

I have some RIPKA chains that I would like to sell.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1   Like you I changed out my jewelry much more often before I retired.  I wear my wedding set and watch every day but mix up my earrings.  I love wearing hoop earrings and a necklace but I babysit my grandchildren quite often and the babies like to tug on them so I can't wear my things as often as I used to do.  

Respected Contributor

I wear my wedding band and my sapphire ring on my right hand every day.   Other than that I change earrings every day and if I go somewhere ( I am retired) I might wear a bracelet or a necklace.  If i have a stay at home day I wear no jewelry and never to sleep in.  I take my rings off when I cook as well.  Keeps them much cleaner!

Honored Contributor

Pretty much.  I take it off when I am home.

I recently dug through my stash and picked a few pieces to throw in the mix.  I just shake my head when I look at what I have.  I know my daughter won't ever wear it.  She has her own taste and it is very minimal when it comes to jewelry.

Oh well.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!