Honored Contributor

Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

The sun catches it, but I've never understood why would anyone do that?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

I wear very minimal jewelery these days. A tiny pair of hoop earrings and a Hebrew charm

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear jewelry or have you ever worn jewelry into the water at the beach?

@qualitygal wrote:

The sun catches it, but I've never understood why would anyone do that?  

Never.  I don't even wear jewelry in the pool.  Earrings would puncture my float and I might forget or lose a ring outside lol.

I can't imagine why anyone would, especially expensive rings either.  Too risky.💝🌸

Esteemed Contributor

I do not, and know it is not a good idea, but I have married friends who NEVER take their rings off.🥰 My DSIL did, but she only wore 24K gold.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

No. On our honeymoon DH and I were wading out when his ring,  which was already a tad big, slipped right off his finger into the ocean. Amazingly enough a man standing next to us scooped a handful of sand up and the ring was in it. We went to a local jeweler who resized it.

I learned long before that never to wear any jewelry in the ocean, but this just reinforced it. 

I don't wear any jewelry in any body of water. The only exception is I have always worn my swimmer's (Bulova MarineStar) watch in a pool.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Just wear to church and rare times I can get somebody to eat out with me.

cheaper stuff I wear out shopping.

Gold is now 2400 /oz    YIKES!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot to mention a funny story.
 Maybe 25 years ago, Jill Bauer sold me an artisan from Bali SS sexy ankle bracelet.  I thought I was hot stuff wearing to the beach in Florida until the temperatures soared and it became hot as fire on my leg!  I couldn't get it off fast enough!😂😂😂

I still have it, it's gorgeous...but NEVER wear to the beach or when it's too hot lol.

Honored Contributor

When I went to the beach/pool I always kept my engagement/wedding rings on.  In fact, I recently had to have them cut off and resized.  I never was afraid that they would come off unexpectedly!!

Honored Contributor

No.  Sunscreen, water, and sand is quite enough to deal with!

Honored Contributor

only small ball studs----can't even remember when I've been to a beach--but would never wear pricey stuff.