Honored Contributor

Do you own and wear black spinel?

This is really catching my eye now and I resisted for quite awhile!! Tell me how you like what you own.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you own and wear black spinel?

@qualitygal wrote:

This is really catching my eye now and I resisted for quite awhile!! Tell me how you like what you own.

@qualitygal

I have a ring - sterling silver -- have had it for a number of years -- and I absolutely love it!  I keep saying that I am going to buy more pieces -- necklace, earrings.  I think you will really enjoy it if you do decide to purchase.  You can work it casually or you can wear it to dress up.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I have a ring and earrings....i really like black spinel and was disappointed when QVC seemed to offer less and less....i think it is a lovely stone...................

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of 14k black spinel pieces and love them.  They really sparkle. They are probably 10 years old but look like new.

Honored Contributor

I have a Judith Ripka ring.  I love it.

Respected Contributor

I bought some 2.5mm stone beads.  They are the size of the head of a pin.  I made them into different length strands to hang pendants on and also intermixed them with Tahitian pearls to create strands.  Recently I purchased some 3mm strands to add into these and other color beads to make more items.  These are what black diamonds wish they could look like.  Sparkle bombs.

Respected Contributor

bspinel.jpg

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I have a cute elephant bracelet with black Spinel.  The black spinel really sparkles on the back of each elephant.  They do not have this piece now but it is my first black spinel piece.  I believe JTV has different colors in the spinel. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you own ands. wear black spinel?

My gosh, yes!  I have rings, bracelets, and a couple pendants.  I went way overboard on this stone.  Many were very inexpensive from Liquidation Channel and Gemporia, a couple from the big three.  I look terrible in black apparel, spinel gives me a way to wear black.  Funny, I don't own any black onyx. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you own ands. wear black spinel?

Yes, I have a line bracelet with 4mm rounds set in sterling and also a pair of 1-1/2-inch in / out hoops with 3mm rounds set in sterling. My hair is black so the earrings don't show up unless I wear my hair up. I like them, they are sparkly.Woman Happy