Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153   I have a beautiful cross set with small round moissanite stones.  I absolutely love it.  If you try something I think you will be happy.  It looks more diamond-like than cubic zirconia.

Honored Contributor

I used to be happy with Diamonique, so I figured why spend the extra money on Moissanite.  Lately the Diamonique is looking like glass, even on the TV screen, the Meghan Markle ring, for example.  If you like this, please let us know, I hate to criticize something I haven't bought.   So I may try some Moissanite.

Respected Contributor

i have a beautiful moissanite ring that i am super happy with. 

Honored Contributor

I don't, I always thought it was just too much to pay for a man made diamond substitute.  A woman I once worked with had Moissanite as her engagment ring but it was set in a  platinum setting, as if it really was a $30,000 diamond.   

Contributor

Yes, I have three moissanite rings and all three are set in 14k white gold.  All three are very nice and I get compliments on them.  I purchased them from Charles and Colvard many years ago. Jtv and Charles Winston moissanite on the other hand is not my cup of tea.  For one thing it is set in platineve, which is just silver with some rhodium or platinum painted on it.  It will eventually come off and will have to be replated by a jeweler.  Also, their mountings are very poorly made.  Many have crooked and twisted prongs and mountings that have not be properly soldered.  Also, many of the mountings are paper thin.  He advertises his moissanite as snow white, but a lot of it is yellowish and some even looks greenish in certain light.  His moissanite, in my opinion, is way overpriced and I would in no way spend my hard earned money on any of it.

Valued Contributor

@duckdog , some of my Charles Winston pieces are in real gold, not one piece has any green or yellow tint and the settings are perfect. I haven't had any problems with any of my pieces.  Maybe this happened many years ago?

Super Contributor

Yes, I've bought 2 pieces from JTV so I know they're real Winston and not made by some other company. My husband and I had been looking for a ring that's called, Forever Us. In real diamonds we found this ring to be up to $10,000 for the 2 stone, 1 ct each, with small diamonds on the sides. The 1 ct total wt seemed small and was not what we were looking for. Even the 1 ct was quite expensive for good quality diamonds. I saw the 2 ct version on JTV and it was beautiful. I showed it to my husband and he said, let's give it a try, you can always send it back. I kept it because it truly looked like the 2 plus Ct diamond ring we had seen that cost thousands. I love my ring and it works perfectly with a curved diamond band I already owned. We saved SO much money. Honestly, we would have never paid  $10,000 to get the same ring in diamonds.There's just no way. 

I bought the 1 ct studs for my Mom. When I got them I compaired them to my 1 ct doamond studs set in gold and you couldn't tell the difference. My Mom opened the box and thought they were real diamond studs. Of course I told her they were moissanite. She loves them and wears them often.

I agree that some of their pieces look like CZ because the stones are so white but have the colors that CZ's have.And some pieces are way over priced considering they're man made and set in silver with a coating of platenieve. I would never pay over $1000 for one of those pieces. I lucked out with my ring because it was around $400 and set in gold. 

If you don't own any Moissanite I would recommend trying their studs or a smaller ring to see if you like it or not. Some of the women have said that the bigger pieces and solitairs can look fake and others say they look like real diamonds. The good thing is this, if you don't like a piece you can always send it back and try another piece.

Let us know if you decide to try something and what you chose.

Contributor

I bought my moissanite in gold several years ago.  The moissanite I am refering to are the pieces they are now selling at Jtv in platineve which is silver with platinum or rhodium painted over it.  I belive that the moissanite they are selling on there now are a hit or miss for getting a nice white one in a decently made mounting.  I still believe that paying hundreds of dollars for a manmade stone in sterling silver is ridiculous.  I would rather save my money and buy a nice diamond or colored natural gemstone in gold or platinum.  At least you would have something that would go up in value every year.  From everything I have read, moissanite has sentimental value only.  Silver mountings will not stand the test of time like gold or platinum.  I know if you go into most bigger pawn shops, they won't look at anything in silver and if it's manmade, they will laugh you right out of the store.