Honored Contributor

I have probably a dozen different diamonique pieces. My purchases go back at least 20 years.   I've never been disappointed until yesterday.

I received J333649 the tennis bracelet with the marquise cut stones in SS.    They look like crystals.   Not that there's anything wrong with crystals, but that's not what I ordered.   Most everything I've ever purchased always looks better in person, not this.   I can hardly notice that the stones are marquise, set a bit sideways.   I have a DMQ ring with graduated marquise stones.   It's so beautiful I wanted to wear both.    These new stones just don't look right.   It may go back.

In the past year, I've purchased a couple of Ripka pieces in DMQ and have been very happy.   So I don't think this is a matter of the stones were better "back then"

This bracelet has good reviews.    I may have to just wear it a while and see.

Have you been disappointed in DMQ lately?

J333649

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy DMQ anymore, but I've been ok with what I've received except for the settings, especially 14k DMQ studs, very thin metal.  Platinum clad has been ok but there just seems to be something lacking today compared to the items I have from years ago.... .  .  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

So sorry your bracelet is not what you expected.  My issue was with a $127 gold band ring that was so much smaller gold wise than anything from my past purchases.  The older inventory has broken sizes so I can't go that route.

I hope QVC will consider bringing back pieces with more gold.  My stones in everything lately have been great.  Maybe you could try another and see if the stones are what you want.  Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

i totally agree. Diamonque is not the quality it was years ago.. I remember

the really nice 2-4 hour show with Lisa Mason and before that with Kathy 

Levine. Those were when they had quality pieces.

Frequent Contributor

*shows*

Honored Contributor

For those of you that are disappointed in light settings, etc., try Ebay for some of the older pieces.  You have to be quite familiar with the inventory over the years. 

Honored Contributor

One of the reasons I virtually stopped buying new jewelry -  not just here at the Q, but everywhere -  is that what I like has just gotten to be more money than I want to spend.  It's been almost 5 years now since I made the no-more jewelry promise to myself and in those 5 years, I've slipped so rarely that I've spent less for jewelry in all those years than I was spending in one month in the past.

Although I haven't tried the current DMQ products, I assume you're right that the settings aren't as sturdy as they once were.  When I bought my DMQ, gold cost about a third of what it does today and today's prices at the Q just don't reflect that increase,  I do still look at my local jeweler's offerings -  there's nothing there under $1000 I'd love to wear;  thus, I'm happy wearing what I bought years ago.

Honored Contributor

I'm still evaluating my purchase but I do think it's the setting that's killing it for me.

Thanks for all the comments, I looked at a V Wieck piece that may be a better choice for me.   The stones and setting are more like the genuine diamond tennis bracelet I own.   Not that I was looking for "believable" but it's just so much prettier.  #204-843

It's more expensive,but the setting is very nice.

It's on wait list.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in DMQ

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

One of the reasons I virtually stopped buying new jewelry -  not just here at the Q, but everywhere -  is that what I like has just gotten to be more money than I want to spend.  It's been almost 5 years now since I made the no-more jewelry promise to myself and in those 5 years, I've slipped so rarely that I've spent less for jewelry in all those years than I was spending in one month in the past.

Although I haven't tried the current DMQ products, I assume you're right that the settings aren't as sturdy as they once were.  When I bought my DMQ, gold cost about a third of what it does today and today's prices at the Q just don't reflect that increase,  I do still look at my local jeweler's offerings -  there's nothing there under $1000 I'd love to wear;  thus, I'm happy wearing what I bought years ago.

I rarely buy jewelry at retail.    Many of my jewelry purchases have come from pawn shops and consignment sales, even estate sales.   I've also sold jewelry.  I recently missed out on a 14k gold aquamarine ring, my birthstone priced at $99.   The setting was worth more than that.   I was in a hurry & when I went back the next day, it was gone.  It was at a consignment shop.   People will come in and put jewelry ( anything of value) on consignment, also the owner buys at estate sales to stock the store.

Stay out of jewelry stores!