Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Lisa's watch Fri. and Sat.?

On 6/1/2014 expatgal said:

That watch was pretty hard to miss. I personally couldn't care less what she buys, but I do think she uses poor judgement wearing ultra-expensive jewelry on air. And yes, it is very different than hosts wearing wedding rings. Think about it. Not a valid argument. For those who honestly do feel jealous of her, really? Last time I checked, there isn't a material possession on the planet that can 1) hold you when your world falls apart (and it WILL); 2) just be there when you're feeling lonely; and 3) love you back. Be very careful what and who you envy - their reality usually is not what we think it is. JMHO.

I couldn't agree more. I went through a horrible family tragedy this past August and I didn't care if I ever wore anything I purchased or was in love with. Still could care less.

Respected Contributor

On 6/1/2014 birkin baby said:

This post didn't seem to be from a "jealous Lisa hater" ...it simply pointed out the watch.The OP said not one negative word at all. It's a great watch and everyone knows LR leads with the watch and the bag!!!

I agree. The OP just pointed out the obvious. I'd wear it while on the job if I were her. Why not, it's her watch.

Super Contributor

On 6/1/2014 June2020 said:
On 6/1/2014 expatgal said:

That watch was pretty hard to miss. I personally couldn't care less what she buys, but I do think she uses poor judgement wearing ultra-expensive jewelry on air. And yes, it is very different than hosts wearing wedding rings. Think about it. Not a valid argument. For those who honestly do feel jealous of her, really? Last time I checked, there isn't a material possession on the planet that can 1) hold you when your world falls apart (and it WILL); 2) just be there when you're feeling lonely; and 3) love you back. Be very careful what and who you envy - their reality usually is not what we think it is. JMHO.

I couldn't agree more. I went through a horrible family tragedy this past August and I didn't care if I ever wore anything I purchased or was in love with. Still could care less.

I was really just kidding about being jealous of Lisa. She does have a good life and I'm sure she's worked hard to get where she is today. She obviously makes an excellent salary and it's her money to spend as she wishes. If she wants to buy extravagant watches, clothes, cars.....good for her. My life is nowhere as glamorous as hers but I've got something that is much more valuable to me than a 55k watch. I have my life! I was diagnosed with breast cancer in both breasts 12 years ago. I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction. That was quite an ordeal but the support and love of my husband of 32 years and of my 25 year old daughter was.....,and still is PRICELESS!
Honored Contributor

Many Hollywood actresses and other high profile women get items on loan to wear in public for a period of time ....... do you really think none of the QVC hosts don't get similar offers?

There's a company Bag Borrow and Steal that offers expensive handbags that you can rent and use ... and then send back.

I have a feeling Lisa has a lot of borrowed items that are just in rotation.

Super Contributor

On 6/1/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Many Hollywood actresses and other high profile women get items on loan to wear in public for a period of time ....... do you really think none of the QVC hosts don't get similar offers? {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

There's a company Bag Borrow and Steal that offers expensive handbags that you can rent and use ... and then send back.

I have a feeling Lisa has a lot of borrowed items that are just in rotation. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Oh, give me a break.

Why do people defend her? Do you think she would defend you?

I'm glad she wears $55,000 watches. It shows her true colors.

Honored Contributor

I've always been of the opinion that hosts should wear what they want to wear unless presenting something that would be in direct competition. For example, when presenting clothes, it probably makes sense for them to wear the brand being presented or, as Lisa does, try things on as she rolls through them. Certainly, Lisa, like all of us, can spend her money as she sees fit. That said, a fifty thousand buck watch does seem a bit 'in your face' conspicuous consumption to be worn on air, given she often recounts, as part of her sales pitch, having seen something in a shop that was 'the price of a car' and hence not affordable, while trying to induce us to purchase the Q version... Personally, I like nice things too and love better watches, but past a point, no way. I mean, what can you do to a watch to make it worth 50K...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

One who buys multiples of inordinately expensive things do so because they crave status, or more simply they buy these things because they can. If Lisa didn't want viewers to notice her expensive purchases, she wouldn't wear them on air. It's all about the watch and the bag, Lisa's very own words that she lives by. In her private life, I say "you go girl", on QVC, I say quite a different thing.
Honored Contributor

QVC did a knock-off of this watch in the Bronzo Italia line. I own it and it's fabulous.

Lisa did say she has found some great deals on pre-owned watches. I know I've looked at pre-owned before and in my looking came across this watch and it was still just under $40,000.00.

Super Contributor

Lisa can spend her money however she wants. However I probably wouldn't have worn it during a show presentation with all the stalkers she has.

I wear my Rolex since I don't own it just to keep it in a safe. So I expect Lisa enjoys wearing her goodies as often as she can.

Esteemed Contributor

How does anyone know that watch isn't a Cartier replica? Lisa has no problem with faux--hair extensions, hairline, eyelashes, fingernails, etc., etc., not to mention her G.I.L.I. knock-offs.

I don't care one way or the other, but it makes me question the authenticity????