Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Trinity11  We understand that these very small stones are not chips because yes they are faceted. Doesn't mean by any stretch however that a bunch of them creates a look many of us would really want at $100K+.

The price of the TSV is quite good in terms of value. The majority of multi-stone diamond rings in the same color and clarity are more expensive. Whether you are attracted to the ring is really about choice. Thankfully, there is something for everyone ...

Honored Contributor

@NanaLinda wrote:

I did NOT say the stones were chips---I said they're not much larger than chips, which is a true statement!  I think the price is a rip-off, big time! Why didn't they just put in a half carat stone and surround it with chips...the cost should be the same or just a bit more, according to jewelry store prices.

A parcel of diamonds in the size, color and clarity of the TSV would be comparably priced. A half carat diamond SI2, H color solitaire diamond would be far more expensive. When you use the term chips, the nomenclature means a small, unfaceted diamond.

In in the diamond world there are few bargains and you get what you pay for. There are some unscrupulous retailers who will tell the consumer something is better than it is. Thankfully, QVC partners with the GIA and their stats are honest and the consumer can depend on their information.

Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful ring, I think the yellow gold verison "pops" more than the white gold both are gorgeous.  I'm not jewelry shopping myself, so I didn't pay attention to it until my friend texted to ask me for my opinion.  Gotta love technology....she emailed her son in CA and suggested that it would make a great engagement ring, he's going to formally propose to his girlfriend this summer.  So, she wanted to know what I thought.  I said, go for it!  Great choice!  He's 25 and this way, she gets a big gorgeous engagement ring and he doesn't have to go into debt. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Peyton_Kelley

Today you more than upped your game.  Thanks for working so hard to bring us a day of exceptional choices and treasures.

Esteemed Contributor

@NanaLinda wrote:

I did NOT say the stones were chips---I said they're not much larger than chips, which is a true statement!  I think the price is a rip-off, big time! Why didn't they just put in a half carat stone and surround it with chips...the cost should be the same or just a bit more, according to jewelry store prices.

@NanaLinda I think you are mistaken.  The price of diamonds go up exponentially with carat weight.  One half carat stone would cost tremendously more than a half carat of say, 2 pointers (25 smaller stones).  It wouldn't be the same cost, nor a bit more.  It would be a lot more.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I loved the heart and the pear shaped ring in yellow gold. It was great to see the complimentary bands/band ring. I appreciate the size 5 and 4 in some of the other styles. I loved having the"official" rating information on the diamonds. Loved knowing about if the ring was "cast" and the prong or bead setting of the stones. This is so important if you have to size down or up on a ring. Great selection, Peyton! I enjoyed the day so much!

I own a few Affinity pieces. I purchased the two tone heart/diamond earrings , I have a diamong band ring, a blue diamond right hand ring, etc. I always received compliments on my purchases and they wear well. I "wear" my jewelry regardless of what I'm doing so it needs to be well made. Price wise I always felt it was more than reasonable if you compare apples to apples.  Both of the jewelers (family owned) that I used to purcase from and take sizing issues have long since retired. They always reconfirmed the value and quality on my purchases.

I thought it was a great day! 

Occasional Contributor

Competely agree - the pieces were amazing!