Respected Contributor

Re: Designer Sterling Programming

I'm a Ripka fan, and I agree that the day is weighted too heavily with Judith Ripka shows. With the exception of the Hagit Gorali items, the prices for other lines are outrageous. I won't be buying anything, but I will enjoy watching some of the shows.

Honored Contributor

It's just more of the same... QVC cuts back on brands, limits on-air time to just a few categories and then viewers grow weary of the same old, uh, stuff... As for CP, I'm not particularly a fan, though I do have a few of her pieces I like, but that are worn sparingly. I too have noted her foray into mystery metals and am not impressed. I believe she was part of the last SDD extravaganza and has been part of several in the past, though she isn't the fixture that Ripka is... but then no one is. Clearly, the 'big' three are usually Judith, Bixby and Dawkins. I've grown very tired of Dawkins stuff, as there rarely seems to be any new focus. Based on what I've seen, it appears Bixby might have moved away a bit from the skull and crossbones period, and if so, good. Ripka, well, what can I say. It's as was said above, she's the new BMak and between the too frequent appearances and the over-use of DMQ and other 'iffy' materials and the stratospheric pricing for them, I no longer really look forward to her visits. I'm sure I'll tune in for some of it, but 'in the day' I'd have been glued to my TV the entire time, which hasn't been the case now for quite a while...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 1/31/2014 tdog said:

Carolyn is unfortunately using brass and copper a lot now in her designs, which is a turn off for me. As soon as I see "brass" in the description I am not buying.

I won't buy brass or copper, either, but CP jewelry still appears to be a better value. The prices for tomorrow are sky high.

Respected Contributor

I won't be watching. I just am not interested in designer jewelry and specifically the high prices. How many pieces of JR jewelry can one person own without all of it looking the same? Overkill is right, but apparently many are still buying her pieces. I noticed Or Paz jewelry was on a couple of times this past week. I guess Danny's organic designs are not pricey enough to make the designer day cut.