Valued Contributor

Designer Sterling Programming

I love jewelry and appreciate QVC having 22 hours devoted to designer sterling...but when 11 of those 22 hours is nothing more than JR again I have to ask why not introduce some new designers in maybe two of those hours? I am so tired of the same looks from these sacred few designers that I will more than likely just not watch! And when checking the "new" items there is just nothing creative or interesting...not to mention affordable! Really...an amethyst necklace for $800.00? Amethyst is inexpensive and the clasp is just a little bit of sterling...does anyone buy these items? The entire show is also too close to the recent gold show and personally I would rather have an hour of jewelry daily then these "events" that are simply over-priced, over-hyped, mediocre pieces that are on a "special" day to create buzz! Anyone for some football?

Regular Contributor

Re: Designer Sterling Programming

I liked when they had a showcase of newer designers for 2-3 hours - that was always interesting. Am looking forward to the Bixby and Michael Dawkins shows, though!

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think the Q's focus on 'designer sterling (aka Ripka overkill) has become almost as stale as the rest of their programming... Too little variety and too much repetition leads to boredom. Not even sure how much I'll be watching. Frankly, with just a few exceptions, I've grown pretty weary of that same group of designers and their designs... I will say, it's far better than yet another day of computers or food processors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Way too much of the same thing. Love Dawkins! but I am really tired of the same design in different versions each time he is on. Starry Night for example. His designs were always different from one another in the past and I wish he would show his real versatility again? I agree, judith ripka is on more than all the others and that scheduling takes away from everyone else. I stopped buying Ripka on QVC because I can buy her items without diamonique, but instead real gemstones and white topaz on line with notices of sales from her outlet stores. I loved when Elizabeth Rand and Siedengang were on. I am lucky enough to have some of their gold pieces and was thrilled to see the same designs in silver so I could add some of those pieces to my collection? Now there is a new designer we should be seeing in this show, but her name is not listed and that is Mary Esses. I looked at her website and loved many of her collections such as the coral and the feather collections. Hopefully she will make these pieces in silver in the future for QVC. She is bringing the wrap collection and the knot collection which is not showing well on the Q site, but looks gorgeous and very organic on her site. I would love to know when she will be on. maybe, these other designers decided not to work with QVC any longer, but if the Q decided, Maybe they will be back in the future.
Trusted Contributor

I agree! It's sickening how much Ripka is on. Hasn't QVC ever heard of over-exposure? I do love some of the new Dawkins pieces, I haven't tired of his starry night and I'm starting to get into layering his bracelets. I felt some of his new items are affordable.

Up and coming designers, or just new designers would be so interesting.

No new pieces listed yet for Hagit? I wonder if she will have new pieces.

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't have a problem with too much Ripka, if only her prices were not so astronomically high. OMG, who can afford those prices?? I treasure the few pieces of hers that I bought back in her early, much more affordable days at QVC.

It would be nice to see some more variety - maybe some of us are just bored with the same 'ol, same 'ol... I feel that way about the Three Amigos on ShopHQ and their last Gem Days segment.

Maybe that just means that I have enough jewelry then... LOL

Super Contributor

Is there a TSV for the event? I received the preview email and it didn't mention a TSV. I also noticed Carolyn Pollack wasn't included, what's up with that?

Super Contributor

On 1/31/2014 junera said:

The entire show is also too close to the recent gold show

I suspect the audiences are different. I actually know people who don't own or wear silver.

Valued Contributor

The TSV is Ripka, of course!! It's a necklace suite priced at over $400!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I always look forward to Michael Dawkins too! He's one of my favs! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm hoping he brings some new innovative starry night soon. What I've seen lately seems to be the same old thing with a different twist on it. I love Judith too but seems the same with her stuff as well. Hopefully, we will see some fresh new stuff around the bend!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}