Honored Contributor

David Markstein is Back With QVC

Do you remember the gold jewelry presenter -- David Markstein --  that used to be on QVC quite a lot, especially with Italian gold and Bronzo Italia?

David and QVC parted ways before Lisa Robertson also left QVC.  Ultimately, David went to work for Lisa.  He was her Italian jewelry expert the entire run of her business.

David is now back with QVC -- he did his first livestream presentation today, presenting lots of jewelry on QVC.  

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 3.20.45 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: David Markstein is Back With QVC

Wasnt he their gold buyer ?

Esteemed Contributor

Q was so foolish to ever let him go.... He was a such a help to Lisa.

Now maybe they will get some better looking jewelry back in.

Respected Contributor

I remember David as the gold buyer when QVC was selling quite a bit of 14k gold. At some point they seemed to get away from selling the same volume of gold so he took another opportunity. Hope to see him on the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper.  Was he introduced as a buyer or just a presenter/brand ambassador?

I think QVC's downfall for years has been poor buyers. So many trends came and went and QVC missed the boat.  They need someone forward-thinking and aggressive.  Most of what they show looks like it's been sitting in the warehouse for 20 years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper.  Was he introduced as a buyer or just a presenter/brand ambassador?

I think QVC's downfall for years has been poor buyers. So many trends came and went and QVC missed the boat.  They need someone forward-thinking and aggressive.  Most of what they show looks like it's been sitting in the warehouse for 20 years.

they also pick up on a trend when it's on down side 

Respected Contributor

Thats really nice.  Im glad he's back on the Q

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

they also pick up on a trend when it's on down side 

@jackthebear.  Exactly!  Some that come to mind are black spinel,  Morganite, and drusy.  I'd bought a ton of spineland drusy from other sources before QVC showed a single piece.   This was when Peyton Kelly was the buyer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Does anyone else remember when Jennifer Coffey dated him and posted their photo on her Facebook page?

Respected Contributor

@Toots711 wrote:

Does anyone else remember when Jennifer Coffey dated him and posted their photo on her Facebook page?

Whaaaaaaaa???