Honored Contributor

I’ve noticed most of Diamonique’s brightly colored “rainbow” jewelry is on clearance. Authentic stones are never that bright/clear.  

Honored Contributor

Re: DIAMONIQUE COLORED STONES

@ShanusI have very, very few pieces of jewelry of that ilk -  don't really love most of them even when the gems are authentic.

I do have DMQ colored studs in both yellow and pink, juxt not in the same set of earrings!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’ve noticed most of Diamonique’s brightly colored “rainbow” jewelry is on clearance. Authentic stones are never that bright/clear.  

I agree. Diamonique colored stones don’t always look like the real thing. One exception, in my opinion, is their morganite. To the naked eye, it looks like my genuine stone.  You are right about most stones but chrome diopside is naturally deep green. It looks fake when it’s real.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus ITA!  It looks like colored rhinestone jewelry from a dollar store.  It isn't appealing, so I can see why it isn't selling.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess we all have to agree to disagree without offending.  I have a lovely silver heart with chrome dioxide small stones and matching stud earrings.  Never wear it because I have an emerald set.  I am giving it to my DIL, who loves green jewelry.  Her engagement ring is an emerald, and she also has a dressy emerald and diamond pendant.  I think this chrome set is tasteful, and I think she would wear it to the office.  It does not look like junk.  Will add I have also given her pieces of Irish green stone jewelry, as well.  I tell her she’s a “daughter of my heart.”  

Respected Contributor

Some colors can look real. I have diamonique in a dark blue sapphire color and it looks totally real. Small stones though in an eternity band. I think the candy colors look more fake.

Honored Contributor

Some jewelry is just fun to wear. It doesn't have to be real to be fun...it just has to look sparkly and make you happy.Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

The Rainbow trend is just that ...a trend. One piece to add to your jewelry box is ok but to invest a ton of money on alot is not wise. I think alot of the time Diamonique misses the mark when it comes to colored stones. A few pieces were on point but many just screamed fake colored stones.