Honored Contributor

Re: DEVASTATING NEWS: Big Bonanza Silver Day Cancelled

Hmm, I'm surprised and disappointed.  It makes me glad that I bought when I did.  As a white metal girl and lover of sterling silver, I bought many pieces when I started shopping here in 2008.  Those were the days, some of my favorite pieces are Arte D'Argento.  I have many 'generic' silver pieces that serve as staples in my jewelry wardrobe.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

You can tell from the programming changes over recent years that jewelry is at the bottom of QVC's list, which is why I no longer watch.   

Respected Contributor

I'm definitely disappointed; jewelry is brought me to the Q and what I buy most then handbags. 

I have to do some research to see if it's true people are not really buying jewelry. I know I am and always will. I love it!! 

QVC, please rethink this. Maybe instead of getting rid of it all together you can do a smaller event. 

~Live with Intention~
Occasional Contributor

I think QVC is getting out of the jewelry market and into the cosmetics market etc where there is a higher margin.

Honored Contributor

True there are not many jewelry shows on Q.  I have been watching JTV.  I have not purchased anything yet.  They are having an artisan gem show today from Bali.  These pieces look really nice all in sterling silver.  I may purchase something.  If I do I will post my review.  During the day they have nice presentations.  You might want to take a look.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Wow! I'd be devastated if I were the subject of some of the catty posts on this thread,......

Candy

Honored Contributor

I remember waaayback when Jane did Silver Savings. I enjoyed all the silver shows and am disappointed about Silver Day. Anyone remember when they did Big Banana SIlver Day?

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Super Contributor

I too, am disappointed to hear this. I built a good sized silver collection by watching QVC's silver days/shows, and inherited pieces of my late mother's, again purchased from QVC. The same goes for my 14 kt. gold jewelry pieces, although the number is not as large. Years ago, pieces were quite affordable, well made, and mostly made in the US and Italy. Not so now. All that is stated is the generic "imported". I like to know where what I am purchasing comes from. QVC, stop being so secretive. Do I need more silver jewelry pieces? Not really, but it would have been nice to watch. So, I guess I'll enjoy and cherish what I already own, because the jewelry that I have seen recently on QVC doesn't entice me to purchase.

Respected Contributor

DenimandCo, I miss the old days of lots of jewelry shows with affordable pieces in real gold and basic silver, not just the designer stuff.  Sorry to see BBSD go away.  Smiley Sad

There are, as someone mentioned, other jewelry shows on other channels that are nice.  Will definitely check those out.

Valued Contributor

Everyone remember Paul Deasy and Judy Crowell have some great jewelry elsewhere; watching that channel more and more to get my jewelry fix!