Valued Contributor

I wear what makes me happy. I have transitioned from big earrings to tiny studs. The big colorful earrings kinda say Annie Potts in the early '90s. Woman LOL Not that that's a bad look, it's just no longer right for me. 

Valued Contributor

The dainty jewelry trend is not for me.  I'm all for a piece of simple jewelry for day wear, and I save the larger pieces for going out to eat or the like.  I've seen the dainty real gold rings and they would not look good on me and I'd be afraid they would bend.  I do like a smaller hoop for day wear, and a fine short necklace I can layer with other stuff.  

Super Contributor

Re: DAINTY JEWELRY TREND

[ Edited ]

When you are built like an Amazon like I am, dainty jewelry looks silly - I think it is more for the small, birdlke women out there

Honored Contributor

I don't follow jewelry trends,  I didn't even know there were jewelry trends.  Of course, there are different styles in jewelry just as in clothing.  Some women like delicate pieces, some women like big bold pieces.  Some women mix it up.  Good grief, never in a million years would I ever wear jewelry I don't like to fit into some trend.  I wear what I like.  What I like depends on my frame of mind that day,  the plan for the day and of course my outfit for that day.  

Respected Contributor

I've always preferred ethnic and southwestern pieces. Collected opaque stones when they were actually cheap. They were not popular then; I couldn't afford them now.

I used to be about a size 4; small hands. I felt like tiny jewelry made me look like a kewpie doll.

When i had short hair I had a lot of earrings. Now that it's in a bob I've collected statement necklaces. Louis D'ell Olio has some great costume necklaces.

I didn't know dainty was in. Until recently I've noticed large earring on TV anchors.

Respected Contributor

Re: DAINTY JEWELRY TREND

[ Edited ]

I'm on the dainty side with earrings these days - i used to love big dangles and oversized hoops.  i just feel better now wearing understated earrings or no earrings, though i still wear a pair of substantial hammered silver oval hoops that blend in with my hair, and chunky diamond huggy hoops.

i still have all my 80's gold chains, one is an 18k heart cobra i used to wear a Paloma lazy heart on it and lost it ...i do wear the chains sometimes. i guess thats why the dainty thing gets lost on me - BTDT

btw @Shanus   according to this trend watcher dainty is slipping...

Honored Contributor

I've always been a white metal person too, @Shanus.  Have to remind myself to wear my very few gold pieces, but I'd like to wear my mother's rings and pearl and gold bracelet more, for sentimental reasons.

Always liked bolder jewelry, even though I'm 5'3 and have that recessive Summer coloring.  I guess it's my one outlet for some drama!  I never wear one pearl necklace -- will combine that with a steel and white agate chain, other pearl/chain combinations, etc.   Have always preferred "chunky this" and "chunky that"...

I enjoy dainty jewelry on others, whom it seems to suit.  Thin gold chains, etc. can be a beautiful understated touch. I'm not averse to jewelry trends here and there, but can't say I follow them much.  Rather than trends, I love the old classics, like heavy charm bracelets, huge antique cameos, masses of pearls, bold colored stones and discreet diamonds! 

Honored Contributor

I have mostly small to medium sized pieces of jewelry. I have a couple of dainty rings, necklaces, & pendants, but I rarely layer them, I don’t wear earrings. I have never been a fan of bold statement pieces. I think they overwhelm me and take center stage. Whatever I wear I want the jewelry to complement my entire outfit and not necessarily stand out on its own. 

Valued Contributor

@sunshine 919 ,I agree with you, the only thing danity about me is my size.( Under  5ft and 110 lbs) While my jewelry preferences change,I do not buy flimsy, fly away jewelry.While everyone preference and style is different, danity is just not my style.

Contributor

I prefer larger pieces of jewelry.  I do, at times, wear dainty necklaces layerd for a change.  But, generally speaking, I like the pieces you can see.  I think they are leading people to believe that dainty pieces are in now because the bigger and heavier pieces are way too expensive.  I'm sure they can sell a few hundred smaller pieces than they can a few, big, substantial pieces.