Super Contributor

Correctly Measuring Bangle Bracelets

When I used to watch the Q, they measured jewelry just about every way. I have no idea now since I quit watching. I shop on line. Several weeks ago inspirational jewelry was a show. One item was a bracelet of 4 choices of different prayers.They sold out but then most reviews said the one size was too big. I asked on the forum if someone would measure the diameter, but no one did. I decided to take a chance and order it anyway. I have a small wrist but arthritis in my hands. So a bangle has to go over the widest part of my hand.

I received the bracelet and love it, but it is a little too big. If the info had included the measures, everyone who had problems could have avoided having to return it.

Here are the measurements for J326780. This bracelet is an oval, not a circle. I kept mine and wear it with a plain slightly smaller bangle in front of it, and that blocks it from slipping off.

Diameter:   2 1/2 inches in shortest part of oval

2 3/4 in longest part of oval

Circumference: just short of 9 inches around

The bracelet measure chart is a waste unless your hand and wrist are the same size!

How long would it take to measure and include diameter and circumference? And one size does not fit all. Small, medium, large mean nothing!

Honored Contributor

Re: Correctly Measuring Bangle Bracelets

A bracelet 9" in diameter is huge.  I have trouble finding one that is as much as 8 1/4".  I have an average wrist but large hand.  It's almost impossible to accurately measure the circumference of a bracelet.  If you tell someone a bracelet is 2 1/2" in diameter, that means nothing to them.  I have to call my great niece, the math genius, and have her figure the diameter.  Sellers do usually give circumference  of bracelets.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That bracelet does say it's a 7 1/4" fit.  That's all I need to know.  I wear a 6 3/4" bracelet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

9 inches in circumference---that is around the bracelet, not diameter. The diameter is across the circle.

Super Contributor

I agree, and I wear an "average"  or 7 1/4, but this bracelet is not that size. Please read the reviews and you will see what people said.

I just think it would be easy to put this info in the description. JMHO