Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07    I LOVE all colorful gemstones lol.  I have lots f stones, each one more different than the other.  I love a bright orange translucent stone called Fire Opal.  I also love tanzanite, turquoise, ruby, sapphire, lapis, garnet, morganite, opal.  I could go on and on 😂. I just love gems period!

Esteemed Contributor

@cheriere  Oooh I love gems too!Heart! Your favorite gemstones are so pretty- I own some of those too! Have you seen the QVC presentations for fire opals? They're so hypnotic- sometimes my dinner gets cold because my jaw drops and I'm just entranced by Jane Tracy presenting fire opals on the TV Smiley LOL.  Opal is my birthdtone so I have some pink opal rings.  I have rubies, jade, pink morganite, emeralds, amethyst, blue topaz and the list goes on! I get most of my jewelry on major sale discounts at Macy's QVC or my favorite trusted pawn shop! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@cheriere  What's your favorite gemstone jewelry item? Mine is a ring that I got myself for my 28th birthday: a heart shaped pink morganite ring set in rose gold with a diamond heart halo around it! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07    I can get myself into a lot of trouble whenever it comes to jewelry 😂.  The last piece I think I bought was an artisan Labradorite.  It's beautiful too!  

I don't think there's a gemstone I dislike in fact.  Opal and all its variations is probably my favorite.  Once I wore some earrings and a ring to a drs appointment.  My drs family is all from Romania and according to her mom it's bad luck to wear it if it's not your birthstone! Ha!  That's not gonna stop me!  I've invested waaayyy too much in my Opal collection to just toss it aside!

I love every single gem you mentioned.  One you have, the Pink Opal, is one I've always wanted to get!  They're beautiful!  And yes, I love watching those fire opals being presented!  I only have one ring that I bought in the 90s from a local jeweler.  He had custom made it for one of the richest women in town who decided she no longer wanted it after it was finished!  I saw it and immediately had to have it!  I charged that sucker as the first purchase on a brand new credit card!  Later on I did buy a tennis bracelet to match from one of the channels lol.

It a shame I don't even have children to leave any of my jewelry to when I'm gone either.  I'll try and find a picture of that tire opal ring and post for you tomorrow.  You'd love it! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Confetti Stone

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07    A heart shaped pink morganite surrounded by diamonds sounds BEAUTIFUL!❤️.  

Im not sure what my favorite would be.  I love that fire opal, but I also love a garnet and diamond ring I had designed right after graduating college.  My mom gave me the three diamonds to put in it.  I need to take a picture of that one. 

Oh, another would be one from my idiot ex!  Heck yeah I still wear it sometimes!  He might've bought it, but I designed it lol! 

Respected Contributor

@meallen616 @nova @AngelPuppy1 

Thank you very much.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere  When I walk into a pawn shop or Macy's jewelry displays I feel like my heart is going to explode- the fancy store lighting, the shiny glass counters, the sparkly gemstones on their little velvet pedestals! Sometimes I feel like I've got enough sparkly jewelry in my small collection to make Liberace look like a minimalist Smiley Very Happy!  I hear that superstition about opal- but I don't believe it either! Its not like the opal knows that its not your birthstone Smiley Wink.  Yes indeed, my pink opal ring is a show stopper- I got it for 70% off at Macy's on a one day only sale and stacked it with coupons- I'll have to take a photo of it sometime and post it for you Smiley Very Happy!  

That's such a cool story that you got he ring that was intended for the richest lady in town and swiped your credit card with that first purchase! What a great first swipe and I bet it looks great with the coordinating tennis bracelet. I don't have kids either- I think when I pass, I'll give my jewelry to my family. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere wrote:

@SportyShorty07    A heart shaped pink morganite surrounded by diamonds sounds BEAUTIFUL!❤️.  

Im not sure what my favorite would be.  I love that fire opal, but I also love a garnet and diamond ring I had designed right after graduating college.  My mom gave me the three diamonds to put in it.  I need to take a picture of that one. 

Oh, another would be one from my idiot ex!  Heck yeah I still wear it sometimes!  He might've bought it, but I designed it lol! 

@cheriere  Ladradorite is beautiful too! Oooh your garnet and diamond ring sounds lovely too!!   I wear jewelry from my ex boyfriends too- the feelings for the men fade, but the beauty of the jewelry is forever! Smiley Wink  Here's a photo of my diamond pink morganite heart ring that I told you about!  I bought it for my 28th birthday as a promise ring to myself to always love myself and never settle for less in a guy! Smiley Very HappyHeart

10k Rose Gold Morganite and Diamond Solitaire Heart Halo Engagement Ring (1/10cttw, H-I Color, I1-I2 Clarity), Size 7

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07   Your Morganite ring is very beautiful. I think that some of the best gifts are the ones that we give ourselves.

Esteemed Contributor

@SportyShorty07      That morganite ring is AMAZING!  I'm the same way when I go to macys lol.  You can beat their deals whenever they're having a big sale plus coupons!  Those cases just call my name!  I really like that you bought it for yourself as a reminder of self love...that's SO IMPORTANT!

Another stone I'm crazy about is Chrome Diopside.  They call it the Russian Emerald.  Its a one source stone too.  I have a few pieces of it.  

We are both freaks for jewelry 😂. Sounds like there's not too much we don't like.  I'll get a pic of the garnet or fire opal tomorrow.  💝💕