Frequent Contributor

Re: Complaint About Italy Shows

I have been complaining out these shows for years! If they took the money they spend on Lisa's gowns, the travel for the crew they take over, the cost of transporting their equipment, etc. and used it to lower their prices (or their shipping and handling) they would make more people happy. If you want to see travelogs of Italy, or any other place, there are many on PBS and other TV channels, or you can rent them, get them through Netflix, etc.

Valued Contributor

I also want to say that If you are going to send someone to Italy,if you feel you must shoot the shows from there: Why not send Antonella to Italy?..She's Italian and SPEAKS ITALIAN! Oh I know.....she doesn't look as good as Lisa...Who cares? Do they really think the shoppers care about Faux Tans and Ball gowns???

Super Contributor

Did any of you read the OP?

Esteemed Contributor

I am in total agreement with everyone else. Perhaps they could charge less if they didn't spend so much money on these shows. I could care less where they shoot from and I could care less about Lisa's gowns. Perhaps we should all write letters to QVC suggesting they ditch the Italy shows and pass the savings on to the customers.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I agree with you OP!! They never did a close up of any piece on the models and often showed it from an odd angle. Lisa did a better job of showing the jewelry than any model did.

Respected Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Alexa6352 said:

I also want to say that If you are going to send someone to Italy,if you feel you must shoot the shows from there: Why not send Antonella to Italy?..She's Italian and SPEAKS ITALIAN! Oh I know.....she doesn't look as good as Lisa...Who cares? Do they really think the shoppers care about Faux Tans and Ball gowns???

Antonella? She is entertaining but certainly not a fit for a glamorous villa location in Italy. More like a bull in a China shop. She may be Italian, funny, nice, but lacks sophistication and poise.

Respected Contributor

On 6/16/2014 ennui1 said:

Did any of you read the OP? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I did! Yes, I also was wanting to get a better look at some of the items but couldn't really see details. I suppose I could have gone online for close-ups, but didn't. I wasn't buying anyway; just window-shopping. Lisa did look quite spectacular in that dress.

Esteemed Contributor

I had issues with the camera work, too. There was a pair of hoop earrings that Lisa and the Italian rep kept saying - it is so unique and unusual, but I couldn't see a blessed thing because the camera never came in for a decent shot until the very end. By then I was annoyed and realized that I don't NEED another pair of earrings anyway. If they are going to go to all the trouble of going to Italy at the very least show the jewelry properly.

Super Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Skylands said:
On 6/16/2014 Alexa6352 said:

Antonella? She is entertaining but certainly not a fit for a glamorous villa location in Italy. More like a bull in a China shop. She may be Italian, funny, nice, but lacks sophistication and poise.

wow

Valued Contributor

I agree these shows are so overdone and now quite boring. it's like a way to make Lisa feel glamorous and important, rather than present jewelry, the quality of which seems to go down every year.