Occasional Contributor

Charm bracelets are an interesting and emotional way to cherish your special moments. I have a necklace with charms given by my husband. Each one signifies a special milestone - our first date, my birthday, first, fifth and tenth anniversary of our relationship and the day we decided to marry. It is very special to me.

Now, I am thinking to get a charm bracelet to treasure the memories of my son. He is 10-months-old. I would get customized charms to mark his first feet or word and so on. This would be very emotional but I like it this way. I like symbols over bead charms. But Pandora beads are good. Also loved this ( http://www.qvc.com/Extraordinary-Life-Sterling-Expandable-Heart-Charm-Bangle-Bracelet.product.J32323...) expendable heart charm bangle bracelet at QVC.

Respected Contributor

I also like charm bracelets. And, I also agree that they are a personal piece of jewelry - about you - your OWN  story - your OWN favorite things. 

I gave my daughter my charm bracelet for part of her 16th birthday present. I took it in and had all the charms taken off that were MY story, and had them rearrange the remaining ones for her own personal bracelet. She has added several more over the years - it looks fabulous and has special meaning to her - I also had received it for my 16th birthday. She wears  it as more of a special piece than an everyday piece - she is pretty much done now adding new charms - it looks fabulous  and she will always cherish it.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Re: Charm Bracelets

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I love charm bracelets.  My first charm bracelet was a Monet, I have two Monet's now..  The bracelets never tarnish.  I love the sound the charms make. I will have to check out Dillards and James AverySmiley Happy

@sunshine 919.  James Avery is an old Texas company that makes fine quality jewelry, much of it with a religious or spiritual theme.  They used to have shops and the major malls in Texas.  I have several of their rings from years ago that are extremely weighty.  I've gotten many compliments on them over the years

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I inherited a beautiful yellow gold charm bracelet from my Godmother. Since receiving it, I've added baby rings and class rings and other various charms from both my and DH's families.

I love to wear it but save it for special occasions. It contains a slew of sweet memories.

Respected Contributor

James Avery stores are still around here in Texas and doing very well. I have a few pieces and they're very well made. If you lose an earring, they can actually get you the match to the remaining one so you don't have to repurchase the pair. Great quality jewelry. You can check them out online.

Trusted Contributor

How neat to hear everyone's stories about their charm bracelets!  I have a silver one I started when I was in college.  Almost all the charms have some kind of gemstone in them.  I wear it occasionally and it always is a conversation starter.  It is a traditional charm bracelet; the Pandora/Alex&Ani/ nouveau-style one don't appeal to me.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

James Avery stores are still around here in Texas and doing very well. I have a few pieces and they're very well made. If you lose an earring, they can actually get you the match to the remaining one so you don't have to repurchase the pair. Great quality jewelry. You can check them out online.

@Texasmouse   I've found several of the old very weighty rings on eBay and have had them professionally sized and polished.  I do have an earring of which its mate got chewed by the dog, I'd love to replace.  Didn't know they'd do that.  These earrings have great sentimental value.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment