Valued Contributor

Carolyn Pollack is semi-retiring, QVC taking over the line

Carolyn Pollack posted a video with her husband explaining that they are shutting down the manufacturing and retail operations of American West jewelry so that they may retire. QVC will be taking over the line. Carolyn will still be doing shows and she and her husband will still be doing some jewelry designing from their home. But QVC will be doing the manufacturing. 

A sad day for fans of this lovely jewelry line. But wish them best for a joyous and relaxing retirement!

Here's a link to the Youtube video of the announcement. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcQTdLkVFds

Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn Pollack is semi-retiring, QVC taking over the line

[ Edited ]

Painful to watch...does this mean Xcel will be buying out American West just like Isaac, Logo, Judith Ripka, etc?  I don't know as it wasn''t really clear in the video what is happening. I hope it is not another Xcel buyout. 

Valued Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Painful to watch...does this mean Xcel will be buying American West just like Isaac, Logo, Judith Ripka, etc?  I don't know as it wasn''t really clear in the video what is happening. I hope it is not another Xcel buyout. 

It sounds like it is a QVC buyout. In the video they say they won't be doing anymore retail through their web site, they're laying off their employees and handing everything over to QVC with the exception of a bit of design consultation and a spokesperson role. 

QVC buyouts are never good for brands. Who can forget how they screwed up the Tova line, manufacturing the perfume in China and putting Tova in the awkward position of having to sell dreadful perfume on the air. 

I guess we'll see, but it doesn't sound good. 

Honored Contributor

NO!

Thanks for letting us know @AuntMame. Obviously I'm upset about this, but I should wish Carolyn and Bill a happy life in retirement. And I do. I'm just being selfish wanting them to stay!

When Canyon Retreat split off from Denim and Company and there was a new representative hired, I thought it would be perfect to spotlight the clothing items with Carolyn's designs.

I think we'll see that now. 

I just can't see how the quality will still be there. I'm glad I have some of her beautiful pieces.   Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@AuntMame   Yes, that is what I thought...buyout.  I'm glad I have the pieces I do.  Wishing them well.  

Trusted Contributor

BIG sales on Amazon and their website on all remaining jewelry. Their website is final sale but Amazon has free shipping and free returns. 

Respected Contributor

They'll ruin it like they did Diamonique.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntMame Thank you for posting this.  I went to her website and was able to get an expensive naja pendant that I've been eyeing for a long time, and at a huge discount!  Of course, while I was there, I got more items! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Selfishly this is very sad news to me. But, of course, I wish Carolyn and Bill all the best.

I have an obscene amount of Carolyn Pollack jewelry....and I love it all!!! I ordered three necklaces from her site about ten days ago with a 70% discount. I am glad as I had no idea of the changes that were coming and now they're no longer available. I even went to Amazon just now and ordered a couple other pieces. 

All things must come to an end but it feels like this is happening in all aspects of life now at warp speed. Woman Frustrated  

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Selfishly this is very sad news to me. But, of course, I wish Carolyn and Bill all the best.

I have an obscene amount of Carolyn Pollack jewelry....and I love it all!!! I ordered three necklaces from her site about ten days ago with a 70% discount. I am glad as I had no idea of the changes that were coming and now they're no longer available. I even went to Amazon just now and ordered a couple other pieces. 

All things must come to an end but it feels like this is happening in all aspects of life now at warp speed. Woman Frustrated  

I also have over twenty years' worth of buying Carolyn Pollack jewelry and always enjoy wearing it. I will miss the shows, anticipating what styles they plan to come out with next, and checking the web site. I checked out the sales on their web site and on Amazon today and purchased more earrings than anyone should be allowed to buy in one day. I was surprised at how much is already gone. 

<sigh> 

Like the rest of you I feel selfish in feeling sad for the end of the line. But I do wish them well in their retirement. They seem like a fine couple who deserve golden years full of joy and relaxation.