Super Contributor

Re: CP EVENT - THE MERITAGE RESORT & SPA - NAPA, CA

Hi Sistas...had to leave the porch for a couple of hours last night and omg all the sistas assembled on the porch. Jug, Cooking Lady, Kathoderay, Stone, Ali, Cel...so good for all of you to chime in. I was at a City Council meeting until almost midnight - EDT.

Thank you all for giving my Benally dragonfly pendant the blessing. Kath, somewhere in the reviews I read that the silver weight is light, so I was aware of that before I purchased. That should not deter me to love it. I have the Benally butterfly (a pendant with a huge bale) and that one is very heavy and one of my favorites for every day wear.

Jug, the cute flower ring you own (I believe) with orange spiny is still on my wishlist. I could not find it on the Q this time. I bought the "sunray" one with the green variscite cabochon in the middle and two small turquoise and red spiny oyster circling around it. I have to learn how to post pictures. I'll try wearing it on my pinky. Love the design and it was on my wishlist for a very long time. In any case let me add my congratulations to your "early" birthday presents. The wrap bracelet with SB combined with the SB earrings are a fantastic investment.

Super Contributor

Hello once more, CL...checked out the CP facebook pages. Love your long chain and flower pendant combined with the signature necklace. You look fabulous!!!

Super Contributor

sisters - remember that song "Together Again" - that's how I feel right now with everyone chiming in on our "Porch" - Thanks for all the compliments - you will never see me again wearing so much jewelry - it's just not my style - however- I knew there would be pictures so I wanted to showcase some of CP's jewelry she would be featuring at the event - normally - I wear 2 rings, maybe 2 small cuffs, a watch, a simple necklace with or without an enhancer - usually something on the smaller side and almost always my "go to" earrings - a wonderful pair of Concho LB's I have had for many years!! Honestly - I don't get to wear most of my jewelry very often but I have since learned that you can still love having it and if it makes you happy that is what matters most!

Haca - you will love the Stingray ring - it will go beautifully with the VB enhancer - I have had mine for a couple of years and it is very comfortable - really - you can never go wrong with any of the Native American pieces - they are truly in a class by themselves - we are so lucky to be able to purchase them - I think I mentioned that CP said we won't be disappointed in the AW upcoming show - some great pieces and I believe we are getting something new from Kenneth Johnson - wow - I hope I can afford it!

Ali - I am so happy you chimed in - you always have something lovely and positive to say and I wanted to tell you that everytime I am in doubt about a piece I always read the reviews and if it has the "Ali" seal of approval I know I will love it!!

Kath - that necklace you asked about is one I found on the "Bay" years ago and it is heavy and a really nice one - thanks for asking - it's not CP I don't think! When I was getting my jewelry together for the trip I was looking for CP's big heavy link necklace - couldn't find it so that one got the nod - think it worked out fine!

Hazel and
Beach-mom - (and anyone else who hasn't had the opportunity to meet the CP team) hope you get the chance when and if you get to the Alb./Santa Fe area - she's like someone you have always known - very easy to talk to!

Juggie - you were so luck to go the birthday event last year - that was the "go to" event for sure - so you know what I mean about the CP team!

Stoney - I'm not sure if you had said you met CP or not - but you sure have met her "jewelry" - LOL - can't believe you got the flower necklace - incredible - couldn't take my eyes off it - that and the Mabe pearl ensemble - at the event - simply stunning!!

Oh and Pistolino - thank you - I did have a wonderful time - hope to see you more here on our "porch" - our happy place!!

Hope I didn't forget anyone - you are all very important to me - thank you and let's try and keep it going here - so much to share - so little time!1 LOL!

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Haca said:

Hi Sistas...had to leave the porch for a couple of hours last night and omg all the sistas assembled on the porch. Jug, Cooking Lady, Kathoderay, Stone, Ali, Cel...so good for all of you to chime in. I was at a City Council meeting until almost midnight - EDT.

Thank you all for giving my Benally dragonfly pendant the blessing. Kath, somewhere in the reviews I read that the silver weight is light, so I was aware of that before I purchased. That should not deter me to love it. I have the Benally butterfly (a pendant with a huge bale) and that one is very heavy and one of my favorites for every day wear.

Jug, the cute flower ring you own (I believe) with orange spiny is still on my wishlist. I could not find it on the Q this time. I bought the "sunray" one with the green variscite cabochon in the middle and two small turquoise and red spiny oyster circling around it. I have to learn how to post pictures. I'll try wearing it on my pinky. Love the design and it was on my wishlist for a very long time. In any case let me add my congratulations to your "early" birthday presents. The wrap bracelet with SB combined with the SB earrings are a fantastic investment.

Oh that ring is so cool . . congrats! Ya know, at some point they had all the N.A. designers together with American West, and now only some are mixed in there. Wish they'd make it easier, but you have to do a search for each designer now - here's my ring if you need the number.

Veronica Benally Sterling Spiny Oyster Flower Ring - J285893

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

Helloooooooooo CL, Ali, Cel, Haca, Stoney and all the sistas on the porch!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Where did that ring come from? I've never seen it before - fabulous - love it - thanks for sharing - definitely going on my wish list!

Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies, came by to "sit a spell" on the porch....who came up with that? Was it Cel? I really like that! :-) Just wanted to say "hi" and tell everyone here how much fun it was to meet CL finally! She was so full of joy to be with her two lovely daughters and enjoying the beautiful day out in California! LOL, I was just reading your post CL! Yes Ma'am! You surely had CPJ well represented on your body, don't think anyone could have done it better! Somethings old and somethings new! Wonderful! Ahhh, and I was wondering about your necklace as well and didn't have the opportunity to ask you about it. I really liked the way the links were done in it! I bet you can wear so many of CP's enhancers on it and the new AD piece looked fabulous on it! I see there is lots of talk about the upcoming AWJ show already! You know, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of you "sisters" who have shared your loved of all things NA/SW here. It's through all of you ladies that I have gained such an appreciation for those designs through your excitement and endless knowledge about NA/SW pieces. Lots of you know from the past that I was never really all that "into" NA/SW but have learned so much from coming by and reading your posts! Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to seeing all the new beauties myself! :-) Jug, from reading a couple of the posts here I see you are having a tough time....hope you will be feeling better soon. I have back and neck issues myself from time to time, so I feel your pain...literally! Hello to all the other ladies on the porch...and again CL, so nice to have met you!
Super Contributor

Yes Lala - Cel was the one who named our forum "the porch" . . love it! Glad to see you here too - CL got us all excited talking about going to Nappa, and then filling us in afterwards. I didn't realize you'd be there too - so glad you had a great time and got to see some of the surrounding area - it looks beautiful! Thanks for your concern - I had a fracture in my upper back, and I'm doing much better lately, but had a compression fracture in my lower back (L1 lumbar) last spring, so now we're trying to figure out what's goin' on. Love seeing your pics on FB . . keep 'em coming girl!

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2014 cooking lady said:

Where did that ring come from? I've never seen it before - fabulous - love it - thanks for sharing - definitely going on my wish list!

Hi again! This is why I keep saying - I wish they'd combine ALL the native designers in with American West jewelry . . it's such a pain to have to go into each individually - that's probably why you didn't even see the ring. I got mine ahead of the show - they had a few and I was able to pick which one I wanted. Very picky with my orange spiny, and if you order it - I'd get at least 2 to compare . . just FYI!

Valued Contributor

On 3/11/2014 cooking lady said:

Ali - I am so happy you chimed in - you always have something lovely and positive to say and I wanted to tell you that everytime I am in doubt about a piece I always read the reviews and if it has the "Ali" seal of approval I know I will love it!!

Ok, this totally made my day CL! You're a doll for saying so and I feel the same way about all our girls. {#emotions_dlg.wub} And I try so hard to be helpful in my reviews! lol So I'm glad they're of assistance to someone! Are you looking forward to the AW shows? I'm equal parts excited and terrified. I'm still recovering from the Feb shows... ouch.

Love our VB flower ring jugs! Keep us posted on the results of your MRI (brave girl!). Oh and I must hear what you think of the new earrings and coil. Cool Did I tell you my teal MOP enhancer shipped yesterday?! I think what happened is people's check hold orders expired, because my order started processing exactly 15 days from 2/22. Now my ring will finally have a mate!

Hi sweet Cel! I know... lol... I was reading an article just the other day about hilarious iPad auto-correct mistakes. I know that's one of your pet peeves too! Every time I go to type torsade, it changes it to tornado. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'm just LOVING my new coral tornado!!! Looks great on the neck...

Lala! I have to tell you... saw a photo you posted on FB of your wedding day. How beautiful!! It brought a smile to my face. Glad you had a blast in Napa! Wish I could have joined you girls! CPJ annnnnd booze? It just doesn't get any better than that. Well - CPJ, booze, and CHOCOLATE. That's a pleasure trifecta of epic proportions. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hugs to all!