Trusted Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH…Anybody watching/shopping?

I hear you on the two overnighters. Oy.

I wonder if QVC will do a remote this year. It is quite an expense and it puts a lot of customers off. They would rather have a lower price than see an Italian villa in the background.

Since they started going to the fair, coming back and then going back for the remote, that is even a bigger expense. They used to do the remotes during the fair.

I loved it when Antonella went. She did the day shows and Lisa did the night shows, back when they had it over three days. I can still remember the light yellow dress Antonella wore for one of her shows. Gorgeous. In the sunlight, she looked like a movie star.

Respected Contributor

I am watching but I don't think I'll be buying anything. I think their gold pieces have gotten very, very thin over the years.

As far back as I can remember, it was always MB that kicked off the 24 hr gold rush day. Then things changed. I really don't care for MB ... I loved Antonella when she went to Italy and I really enjoy her on all the jewelry shows. Antonella, Jane, and Nancy are the best for the jewelry shows. I didn't mind Lisa either.

Trusted Contributor

Mary Beth just said she used to go to Italy.

Honored Contributor

I am watching and it's nice to see Mary Beth kick it off. I'm not crazy about the bracelet but I hope they'll have more to show for today than what I've seen online. We'll see.

Valued Contributor

Now that I've seen th TSV, I'm not impressed. Byzantine is beautiful but I don't care for large Rolo links. It makes the Byzantine more fragile when knocked around with daily wear and I find the large links irritate my skin. I did see an online-only necklace I plan to get before the weekend's up. The online-only sale is good through 1/25.
Esteemed Contributor

Way back, Mary Beth used to the closer on these all-gold days, the 9 p.m.-midnight shift.

BTW, this year, the Big Bonanza Silver Sale will be back to 24 hours again. Except it won't be on March 1, it will be Feb. 27, during the work week. (At least according to the Insider).

Respected Contributor

I thought Mary Beth Rowe changed her schedule to be home at night with her family. This was the reason she no longer did the prime time stuff. This is when Lisa took over. These hosts who have families probably do not want to travel as much for QVC. Lisa was single with no children.

Regular Contributor

I enjoy Mary Beth in small doses and gold is definitely her passion. Nice to see her tonight. She's authentic in her presentations.

Valued Contributor

On 1/23/2015 culebra said:

I thought Mary Beth Rowe changed her schedule to be home at night with her family. This was the reason she no longer did the prime time stuff. This is when Lisa took over. These hosts who have families probably do not want to travel as much for QVC. Lisa was single with no children.

I think MB's kids are older and college age or prepping for college. She isn't back on much at night yet.
Super Contributor

I'm glad to see a day of jewelery but not at all sure I'll buy because I'm not interested in gold over resin or the hollow things. Prices of gold have gone down and Q should be able to do better like some of the others have.