Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bronzo Italia Composition

[ Edited ]

I purchased two pieces of Bronzo Italia a couple years ago before they started adding the yellow gold and silver plating.  Both tarnished terribly within only a short period of time..and nothing I did removed the tarnish.  Will never purchase another piece of Bronzo Italia again .  And my relatives in Italy consider it to be over-priced cheap costume jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

I can't speak to the Bronzo that is plated with silver or gold, but I can speak to the rose bronzo.  I own too many pieces to count, and have them stored in various places.  Not one piece has tarnished, turned or changed color from its beautiful rose tone.  I have experienced rose clad wearing off on another brand of jewelry that I own, though.   

Valued Contributor

I am a little skeptical that so many of you have friends and relatives that live in Italy and say that they say this is just cheap junk.  

Just had to say...

Respected Contributor

I have 2 pieces of bronzo: a bracelet and a necklace.  The bracelet still looks good but the necklace is currently sitting in my bag to go to Goodwill and I don't even know if anyone would want it.  The gold on it is just peeling off and I did not even wear it very much.  I will not order any more.  Very disappointed. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cookie06 wrote:

I am a little skeptical that so many of you have friends and relatives that live in Italy and say that they say this is just cheap junk.  

Just had to say...

That comment is insulting.  I most definitely have relatives in Italy.  No one in my mother's family (with the exception of my mother) ever left Italy.  So I still have many relatives there.  And I personally saw what Italian woman wear and what is sold in the jewelry stores while I was there in September.  In fact, i bought several pieces for myself and as gifts to bring back to the USA.