Esteemed Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

itiswhatitis ...

I always say...If you like it and you can afford it...Buy it!

I agree with another poster, "Black Spinel" has been around for a good 3 even 4 years...That is how long ago I purchased the pieces that I personally own.

Wear it in Good Health and Enjoy It!

@Bellabutterfly, you sound like a girl after my own heart!  LOL.  I ignored it for a long time.  I was like I have onyx don't need more black stones.  Boy was I wrong!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I am really confused as to Q being late on black Spinel.  I bought tennis necklace, Bracelets, earrings etc a few years ago on QVC.  Antonella used to be the hostess and I love everything I bought.

Occasional Contributor

I'm sure most of you know about JTV. My nephew asked for some help with buying his fiance a different kind of ring as a gift. We looked at all kinds of rings but when we saw a black spinal ring, he said, that's what I'm looking for! I know the ring is over 5 cts and he only paid about $35 for it. We couldn't believe how pretty it was when it arrived. She loves her ring and wears it everyday on he right hand. They have a lot of sales on that channel and a big selection of black spinal. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Black Spinel

[ Edited ]

Never knew of a "stone of the year." Guess I'm behind the times lol.

Black spinel is classic timeless look imo.

Honored Contributor

So beautiful and yet, I can not get into it. It reminds me of hematite and I inherited a boat-load of the stuff from my grandmother (born in the late 1800's) who received it from her mother (born in the mid 1800's); some of it is really gaudy/over the top and so... it's just not a stone I look at.

The pieces shown here are simplistic in their design and so classic; just lovely. Enjoy them!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Black Spinel

[ Edited ]

I bought a few black crystal  pieces here - and they look identical to black spinel!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I bought a few black crystal  pieces here - and they look identical to black spinel!

They aren't real stones and of course, are not as hard as Black Spinel.  Enjoy your purchases!!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly, QVC was obsessed with setting BS in Bronzo.  A deal breaker for me.

I'd love a ring set in sterling like the one pictured.  I love sparkly stones.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Gee, those stones look so sparkly, I could love them.  Like another poster, I always thought that since I have onyx, why buy spinel? but, I'm seeing there is a big differdence.  Since I do wear black quite a bit,  it would make sense to have a few pieces.  

You guys are encouraging my bad habits!