Honored Contributor

I use my cell so seldom, when I went looking for it recently, I couldn't remember what color is was.  It was also smaller than I remembered it.  It was in a pocket in my purse but I still had trouble finding it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Cell phone dependence or not, watches have changed over the years.  Years ago, a watch was a functional item.

These days, a watch is more of a piece of jewelry that heppens to tell time.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, hiacinth:

No, you are not alone.  I personally don't like them, either, though I do have ONE and that was by accident.  I ordered a watch from Avon thinking the face was medium-sized, but it came in much bigger than I would like. The band is feminine, however, so it makes up for it, and I love the color.

I can understand if someone has bad eyesight, though, and needs a bigger wrist watch to see.  But, I'm a dress/skirt and heels and jewelry lady.  I don't even own a pair of blue jeans.

Contributor

Hi, there, aprimo:

I also wear watches as a fashion statement; they "go" with my outfit.  Nine chances out of ten, I don't even set the watch and don't even know if the battery is still good.  I even wear old Timex watches that belonged to my Grandma (yes, "little old lady" ones!) that have been broken for 30 years.  They're still pretty.

I kind of remind myself of the old Chicago song "Does anyone really know what time it is?  Does anybody really care?"   LOL! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

i have been wearing big watches since before they were in style