Honored Contributor

Ladies, run over to Belk!  Fine Jewelry is 70% off!  The coupons are provided.

Honored Contributor

Does Belk sell only off price, meaning no new merchandise?  I found a scarce piece of Fiesta that the Homer Laughlin warehouse is out of.  I want to make sure it's not a second.  Sorry for jumping on your thread.

Regular Contributor

I have no explanation for your Fiesta find (lucky you!)  but Belk is a department store like Macy's or Dillards.  They originated in North Carolina, and are located in southern states.  Up until recently it was a family owned company.  They sell new merchandise.  They have many Belk label brands but also carry name brand items.

Honored Contributor

@depglass    It's illegal to sell seconds without marking them as such.  Belk is not a discount store, but they sure have high shipping costs. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There used to be an off price store near Bradenton, but that was years ago and I've never seen another Belk's.  So I went ahead and ordered this "gift box" or "marmalade jar,"  also got one for me as well as DD's.  I didn't get back to order at Homer Laughlin until they sold out.  I have seen Fiesta "seconds" at their plant.  Some pieces you can't even see the flaw, and some pieces are dreadful. Thanks for helping me get DD's present.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting.  I didn't order jewelry but got 2 nightgowns and socks today.  Last night they had Philosophy on sale and I ordered several things.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Does Belk sell only off price, meaning no new merchandise?  I found a scarce piece of Fiesta that the Homer Laughlin warehouse is out of.  I want to make sure it's not a second.  Sorry for jumping on your thread.

@depglass No, they sell new merchandise and clearance.  I have never seen seconds.

Glad to help.