Super Contributor

Be careful with the "new style rings"

You know the rings with all the space in-between that QVC is calling new and fresh but have been around forever - unless you are young with long slender fingers - fat and loose flesh is going to bulge out of the spaces - not a pretty look -

Valued Contributor

Re: Be careful with the ""new style rings""

On 2/12/2015 CaneCorsoMom said:

You know the rings with all the space in-between that QVC is calling new and fresh but have been around forever - unless you are young with long slender fingers - fat and loose flesh is going to bulge out of the spaces - not a pretty look -

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm sorry, but this just made me LOL!

Super Contributor

Finger thongs

Honored Contributor

Lots of jewelry isn't terribly attractive on some fingers.

I know when I was buying jewelry and saw a ring I liked on ebay, I rarely went on to purchase that ring if it had been displayed on the seller's finger. Reality trumps fantasy once again!

I think the "space" rings are going to be a fashion I admire from afar, but I'll be happy to do that. I love the look.

Super Contributor

On 2/12/2015 LeoGrl said:

I laughed too. Are we saying there is such a thing as "muffin finger"{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/13/2015 customer 5 said:
On 2/12/2015 LeoGrl said:

I laughed too. Are we say there is such a thing as "muffin finger"{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Yep, any ring that is too small is going to cause that to happen on both sides of the ring.

I know a woman who is extremely overweight. Probably 400 pounds +. She wears a wide band on her ring finger but I have serious doubts she can get that ring off. It looks so tight on her finger and there is a lot of "flesh" on both sides of that ring. The ring looks embedded into her finger.

It looks so painful to me but I can't help but looking at it everytime I see her.

Honored Contributor

I personally just don't care for the "look" at all so I'm not tempted to buy.

The "new" ear climbers aren't so new, I have a pair from the 70's in 14k Gold. Not as large as what's being sold, but they go up the ear. I have four ear piercings so I usually put them in the third hole going up (I have three holes on the bottom and one at the top of my ears). These are fun and I think look really good.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

On 2/13/2015 LipstickDiva said:

Yep, any ring that is too small is going to cause that to happen on both sides of the ring.

I know a woman who is extremely overweight. Probably 400 pounds +. She wears a wide band on her ring finger but I have serious doubts she can get that ring off. It looks so tight on her finger and there is a lot of "flesh" on both sides of that ring. The ring looks embedded into her finger.

It looks so painful to me but I can't help but looking at it everytime I see her.

I've seen this too even in women who aren't extremely overweight. The knuckle swells and eventually the ring can't be taken off. My mother has arthritis and she suddenly discovered she couldn't take her wedding ring off. She had to get the ring shank cut.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 melfie said:
On 2/13/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I've seen this too even in women who aren't extremely overweight. The knuckle swells and eventually the ring can't be taken off. My mother has arthritis and she suddenly discovered she couldn't take her wedding ring off. She had to get the ring shank cut.

I had an aunt that this happened too. I get that. Heck I've eaten chinese and been unable to remove a ring because of water retention from all the salt. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

But this looks like the fat grew around her ring. {#emotions_dlg.scared}