Respected Contributor

Just watched a video of Antonella presenting beautiful 'click' charms from Barbara Bixby - beautiful pieces so nicely presented (on Antonella's boat) - great to see and hear her again looking so well and just loving these new pieces from Barbara.

This popped up on my Facebook which then linked to YouTube.

Respected Contributor

Nice to see Antonella  looking well..... She's in her happy place with those pieces of beautiful jewelry.......

Trusted Contributor
The jewelry is beautiful & Antonella looks great. I love her hair!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I've often wondered how Antonella was doing.

So she's finished with all of her chemo?

That would be great news.  

I have the entire set of Barbara's rings with various stones in them.  I also have some of her smaller rings that match them. They were a tsv a long time ago.  I have various other pieces of Barbara's.  It's easy to pick out her designs because they are in a class all by themselves.

I've often spoken to friends about all of the terrible things that happened to her.

You can't see me; but if you could, you'd see me smiling.

Trusted Contributor
@Annabellethecat66

Sounds like you have quite a collection. I just checked out the "click charms" on barbara bixby's website. They're beautiful but expensive.
Respected Contributor

@bobby5   I checked  them out too - yes, I agree,  expensive but lovely!

Trusted Contributor
@dulwich

It is a clever idea though. You can just buy one charm & click it onto a necklace or bracelet. Or you can gradually buy charms & design your own bracelet.
Honored Contributor

@bobby5  No, I don't have a lot of her pieces.

I remember those rings were under $200 each.  I think there are 5 or 6 of the same style, just various stones.

Most of her jewelry is expensive...but, I think worth it.

When I was young(er), I used to buy some pieces of jewelry after my husband died.

He used to buy me some beautiful jewelry.  I didn't discover QVCtilafter he died.

These days I just go to the Drs or out to lunch with a friend.  I do wear nice clothes and makeup both places.  Just something I do for me.

But I used to like big pieces of jewelry.  I have fat fingers.  Partly due to arthritis knuckles.

My daughters have slim hands (more like a size 6).  My chubby fingers are 10 and 11.

I have a lot of Diamonique.  I also have some Jay King and the QVC lady who designs the western style jewelry (I forget her name).

My granddaughters (I have 5 of them) love coming into my jewelry room and playing with them.

I like everything to match.  The shoes, top and bottom and the jewelry.

I always laugh and say if a burglar came into my house and he saw all my Diamonique, he'd think "Hot d$m I'm going to be rich from these diamonds".  Ha!

Funny because the other jewelry is real.  I don't like diamonds.  I think they are boring.

I think there are other ladies here who probably have some very expensive Barbara jewelry.

If I had a fire at my house (which I really did once), I'd try to haul out my shoes.  I collect Birkenstock shoes.  I once counted them.  I had 80 some pair.  Shoes don't grow with the body.  Thank goodness....

Maybe some other ladies will post their Barbarapieces, way more than I have.😁

Trusted Contributor
@Annabellethecat66

I love reading your posts. You're so entertaining.😊
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Just watched a video of Antonella presenting beautiful 'click' charms from Barbara Bixby - beautiful pieces so nicely presented (on Antonella's boat) - great to see and hear her again looking so well and just loving these new pieces from Barbara.

This popped up on my Facebook which then linked to YouTube.

Thanks for posting, Antonella looks great, she really loves jewelry you can tell.  So glad she is able to present jewelry.  And of course the pieces are beautiful.