Occasional Contributor

Re: Are these Judith Ripka rings?

I guess after a certain amount of time brands are no longer "exclusive" to a particular shopping channel and/or their selling the leftovers off.

I was going through my jewelry and found a bunch of things I could sell, also. Do you remember when Morgan Fairchild had a jewelry collection? I bought her princess cut diamonique ring and her lacy gold bracelet with a heart shape diamonique dangle. If I remember correctly one of them was called One Night Only. I thought they were glamorous. Never wore either. Tsk!morgan.png

Occasional Contributor

I'll do that, thanks shopperqvc.

As I was going through my jewelry I found some interesting things. Do you remember when Morgan Fairchild had a jewelry collection? I bought her princess cut diamonique ring and her lacy gold bracelet with a heart shape diamonique dangle. If I remember correctly one of them was called One Night Only. I thought they were glamorous. Never wore either. Tsk!

morgan.png

Occasional Contributor

Hi nova! I believe the marcasite and gemstone ring is a Judith Jack and the other one may be a Suspicion piece as another poster suggested. Plus, I did find a Suspicion Romance Card in one of the drawers in my Mom's jewelry box.

As I was going through my own jewelry (SO not what I should have been doing yesterday) I found so many things I don't wear anymore.

Do you remember when Morgan Fairchild had a jewelry collection? I bought her princess cut diamonique ring and her lacy gold bracelet with a heart shape diamonique dangle. If I remember correctly one of them was called One Night Only. I thought they were glamorous. Never wore either. Tsk!

morgan.png

Honored Contributor

Generic markings?  925 plus something?  Put whatever you have into a jewelry marks website or plain old Google.  Maybe something will pop up.

Trusted Contributor

@SuzanneInSD Sometimes it's fun to go "shopping" among your own pieces you've either forgotten about or not worn in a long time.  You have a lovely collection!

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Depglass!

With the help of the other posters we determined that the marcasite and gemstone ring is a Judith Jack (not Ripka), and the marcasite and mother of pearl is Suspicion.

I love taking a walk down memory lane with jewelry. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks nova. It's fun taking a walk down memory lane!

Respected Contributor

They are not Judith Ripka.  QVC used to have a marcasite line.

Honored Contributor

They don't appear to be Ripka to me either. QVC used to offer a line of marcasite jewelry, maybe they still offer it. Though I can't remember the brand name, 'Suspician' marcasite seems to ring a bell. There were some pretty marcasite pieces but Ripka's pieces all tend to have a certain look and these don't bring her designs to mind for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Hi stevieb:

Yes, with the help of the lovely posters here we have figured out that one is Judith Jack and the other was part of their Suspicion line. Just goes to show if you have a jewelry question go straight to the jewelry fans! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for your reply!

~Suzanne