Trusted Contributor

Anyone ever buy JTV "fabulite"?

I saw them selling a lab grown gemstone called strontium titanate marketed as "fabulite".  It was very diamond-like and looked very sparkly but quite frankly didn't see any advantage over diamonique.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone ever buy JTV "fabulite"?

I have a clear strontium titanate pendant that I purchased with the idea that it would be part of my travel jewlery collection. It's absolutely beautiful! I wear it almost daily, mixed with Moissanite earrings and diamonds in a bracelet and on a watch. It all goes wonderfully together. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  That's good to know!  Thank you for your reply.  They were showing a couple of pieces mixed with pink gemstones and they were beautiful.

Respected Contributor

I have a ring with a good size London blue topaz center stone and on either side are 2 lab created strontium titanate stones. The ring is a knock out. I purchased ring from JTV. You will not be unhappy with these stones

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own their 7cttw (8mm round) studs. They are stunning! They out sparkle my Moissanite studs. Love both!

The sparkle is very different from DMQ. Strontium titanate has more sparkle than diamond or a CZ, but close to Moissanite. In my jewelry box I have all four kinds... DMQ cz, Moissanite, ST and genuine diamond. When I look at them side by side, there is no mistaking which one is ST because their sparkle is like sparks of rainbow colored lights. Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Fascinating, Thank you! Do you know anything about Lab-created sapphire? 

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  @SilleeMee  @50Mickey  @FrostyBabe1   Thank you alll so much for your replies.  I must admit I am more curious than ever now.  I might have to take the plunge myself!

Honored Contributor

@nova 

Twelve years ago gifted my Sapphire and Diamond engagement ring to DS to give his finance. Finally, Found a ring lab-created sapphire. Enjoy, Yours. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Fascinating, Thank you! Do you know anything about Lab-created sapphire? 

@Sweet_Serenity 

Yes, I'm no gemologist but I know what they are.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

Researched the difference between lab & synthetic. Both are different from say, Diamoniqiue colored stones. @nova checking out JTV fabulite. Thank you.