Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else love white topaz?

I like it.  I have a huge Peter Thomas Roth ring--  I think it was called Fantasy Ring, or something like that-- with checkerboard faceting.  It's a fun piece to wear.

Honored Contributor

I love all white stones and have them in my craft pendants.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT    I have many rings with small zircon accents that sparkle like diamond.  My larger solitaires I got from Michael Valituti's Gems en Vogue collection when he was at ShopHQ.  He's now at HSN.  He also has a website and I've seen his jewelry on Overstock, may be on Amazon and eBay too. 

I won't buy a piece with accent stones unless they're zircon.  White topaz looks dead by comparison. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Is it possible that your white topaz stones are coated to make them reflective?  So many topaz stones are coated. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee   Is it possible that your white topaz stones are coated to make them reflective?  So many topaz stones are coated. 

@Kachina624 

No, they are not coated or treated in any way. They're like lightbulbs on my ears when I wear them. Really bright. They are called 'Golconda diamond topaz'.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I like it.  I have a huge Peter Thomas Roth ring--  I think it was called Fantasy Ring, or something like that-- with checkerboard faceting.  It's a fun piece to wear.

Lucky you! 

PTR.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own White Topaz in an attempt to sub it for Diamonds.  I just like the stone itself.  Many diamond substitutes (CZ's) are good enough for that.  Then I also all kinds of zircon faceted like diamonds with other gemstone truly.  Most of my stuff comes from the channel that has changed hands so many times before.  I'm pleased with my White Topaz.  It will never look like a diamond to me.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I like topaz stones.  I recently bought a pair of Jai white topaz stud earrings, and I had good luck with my pair.  They are lovely.  I have been unlucky with losing earrings!  Past winter I lost one diamond and gold hoop.  I do have some fake diamond studs, but there is something about a real stone.  And I also like my London blue.  

It takes a long time to create that beautiful blue stone.  Other shades of Topaz, not so much.  Some of them are treated will oils other methods to bring out certain colors.  Clear Topaz is usually natural.  So is the precious topaz (natural and rare).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Occasional Contributor

Occasional Contributor

Recently I bought this huge Lagos white topaz ring & love it so much. The shine & clarity of the stone is amazing. image.jpg