Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else love white topaz?

They're hardy stones.  Usually tough stones are valuable (diamonds, Sapphire, etc.) But this stone is not.  I just don't like them as a substitute for diamonds. (As accents)  White is the most common color.  I don't get the Imperial at all.  I don't like the color.  But compared to the white, somewhat valuable. Blue colors appear only when heated. But people love them when they're blue.  As a result, most topaz when sold are blue colors. My favorite is the London blue.

Esteemed Contributor

I like topaz stones.  I recently bought a pair of Jai white topaz stud earrings, and I had good luck with my pair.  They are lovely.  I have been unlucky with losing earrings!  Past winter I lost one diamond and gold hoop.  I do have some fake diamond studs, but there is something about a real stone.  And I also like my London blue.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd much rather have white zircon.  It has the white icy look but has much more sparkle and life.  World of difference. 

@Kachina624, Where do you purchase your white zircon?  Have been thinking of getting some as gifts for the girls in my family.  Probably just me, but I don’t know where I can find some plain zircon stud earrings at a good price.  

Trusted Contributor

@banned again What is funny is that back in the day, QVC RARELY had the same TSV twice. This ring was one time that they did repeat a TSV. I used to "stalk" the Frazer outlet.  Years ago they had a great selection of jewelry and since the store is so close to Studio Park, the store would get items used on air and items used for still photos. Anyway, I liked the ring when it was a TSV and would look for it in the outlet store. The day that I found it, the ring was a repeat TSV! It was so ironic, as there was a TV above the jewelry counter that was showing the TSV and I was buying it at the outlet for less than 1/2 the price that it was being offered on air! Woman Very Happy

BTW, since I have your attention, lol, I just want to say that I really appreciate all of the info and details that you share here. Heart

Respected Contributor

I do! Scored this beauty from Jane's Sunday Silver show years ago. A stunner. Wish they would bring back Sunday morning Silver with Jane. I purchased some lovely pieces there.

Sterling Silver 20.00 ct tw White Topaz TennisBracelet - QVC.com

Respected Contributor

I do like it. I have some pieces with this stone I enjoy wearing.

I once was reading about different spiritual qualities of stones and White Topaz I recall had some good ones...though I don't remember right now what they were. 

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl You're welcome and I really I enjoyed your story about finding the ring!

Trusted Contributor

I'm always drawn to white topaz. I have all the colors of the  Anne King "vines" ring. The white topaz is the one I'm wearing almost daily now. I also have other white topaz rings and bracelets. Love the stone.

It is "icier" than Diamonique and stands out as unique, in my opinion.

I remember the TSV ring. I didn't buy it as I knew I couldn't find an event to wear it to and wearing it to work wasn't an option. I had to talk myself out of it tho'.

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk I LOVED those Sunday silver shows! That bracelet is so pretty!

QVC had a lot of fun jewelry shows. One of my favorites was when they would have an all day Red, White and Blue jewelry day on July 4th. One of the TSVs that they had was a 14k ring in a choice of london blue topaz, white topaz or rhodolite garnet. The stone was pear shaped. I have the rhodolite. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

A few years ago I bought these white topaz studs for a song...$9!!. They are 8mm with a rope design around them. The sparkle and clarity is unbelievable. They have a unique kind of silvery-sparkly-glow to them. I don't know how else to explain it but these studs are one of my favorites. I even bought a spare pair just in case I lose one.