Respected Contributor

In the last few years my hair has gone gray--all of it, and it's a beautiful silver plus streaks of white are showing up.

I never realized it before but now I need to replace most of my earrings. My complexion is "cool" and silver looks good on me. And now all my silver earrings seem to have disappeared because they match my hair.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Honored Contributor

Re: An interesting situation

No, but it's a good excuse to buy more jewelry--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

I let my hair go silver when I retired in 1998, and haven't worn anything except sterling ever since.  My collection has grown hugely.  I wouldn't wear anything but silver with my silver hair and it certainly doesn't disappear.  They compliment each other. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My natural hair color has always been black.  I have a very light cool skin tone and light ice blue eyes.  I have always looked better in white metals.

Almost  of my jewelry is white gold.  I also have some SS.  my hair is now salt and pepper and my jewelry still looks good on me.

Honored Contributor

One's colors never change.  Colors are done to harmonize with skin tone.

No matter what your hair does, your skin will keep the same "blue" or "yellow" cast which is the focus.

Hair and eye color are only used to aid in finding the proper season.

Honored Contributor

I have had very dark brown hair, blonde hair, and some weird white/silver hair and I wear all my good jewelry gold and silver.  

I'm not going to quit wearing my pretty things.  I am not someone who feels everything I wear must be absolutely positively THE best.  I wear a lot of what I love--that is fine with me if not fabulous by the book.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

My hair is medium brown with red tinge.

Will have to hope it never changes, as I love my yellow gold, and am not able to wear silver.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I used to wear a ton of 14k-22k gold until I retired in 2006.  I let my hair go long and grey; now I wear exclusively sterling, except for my wedding band ( gold and diamonds ). As gold is on its way up again, probably I'll sell much of it w/n next two years.

Esteemed Contributor

Basically white now and wore silver today.  I thought it showed up.  

Gold works too.

Trusted Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I used to wear a ton of 14k-22k gold until I retired in 2006.  I let my hair go long and grey; now I wear exclusively sterling, except for my wedding band ( gold and diamonds ). As gold is on its way up again, probably I'll sell much of it w/n next two years.

Hang on to your gold. It is an investment.