Valued Contributor

We notice things and when something is wrong it needs to be pointed out.  Rick was showing champagne studs that were selling for just under $700.  The earring stand was falling apart!  Maybe you should invest in new displays for jewelry items.

Honored Contributor

Wow ... big problem. 

Valued Contributor

No, not a big problem...a small problem.  Details matter especially on a big screen.  QVC takes a lot of time making everything look good including a bag of veggie puffs so I really think they should have one earring stand available for a $700 pair of earrings that is not falling apart.  If you think this is not a problem, fine.  I do and so I said so. QVC can choose to ignore or not...hope that is not a big problem.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Wow ... big problem. 

@rms1954   In HD, it's even a bigger problem. 😏

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

No, not a big problem...a small problem.  Details matter especially on a big screen.  QVC takes a lot of time making everything look good including a bag of veggie puffs so I really think they should have one earring stand available for a $700 pair of earrings that is not falling apart.  If you think this is not a problem, fine.  I do and so I said so. QVC can choose to ignore or not...hope that is not a big problem.

@Gabidog  .... I agree with you 100%

Honored Contributor

On one hand, if I was interested in buying those earrings, the stand wouldn't have been an issue for me.  On the other hand, one would think that QVC would want to display it's jewerly in the best possible light because things like that do matter to some customers.  Not all, but some.

Trusted Contributor

I worked for a high end jewelry store for a couple of years.  Props were important.  In fact certain vendors requested only specific props to be used to showcase their beautiful merchandise.  We would actually get design specifics to display them.  It was an important part of selling.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Affinity show props

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog wrote:

We notice things and when something is wrong it needs to be pointed out.  Rick was showing champagne studs that were selling for just under $700.  The earring stand was falling apart!  Maybe you should invest in new displays for jewelry items.

@Gabidog  It's all in the details.

On eBay I see photos of earrings that are displayed on broken, decrepit earring holders, with ear crud on the earring holes. Feh!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I used to complain routinely about dirty beige earring stands.  They never did a thing, telling me no one reads the board and stylists just don't care or the higher ups won't give them the money to buy new displays.  I rarely buy earrings anymore so haven't paid much attention.  Lately its been bracelets to go with my huge ring stash.