Contributor
Is affinity diamond ring really worth ?1200.00?? Does appraisal come with it?
Super Contributor

Which one??

Contributor
The twisted band ring. I ended up buying it and it is awesome.
Super Contributor

You are implying that they either aren't ""real"" diamonds or are of inferior quality. They are not. They are top rate normal diamonds.

Super Contributor

Take it to a jeweler and get an appraisal. I've done that and the appraisal is always much higher than the price I paid.

Honored Contributor
The Affinity line is now selling ""some"" not all pieces made with graded diamonds. There is at least one band ring in this category. Read the descriptions of each item before buying if this is a concern.
Honored Contributor

Depends how you define worth? Sorry to say $1200 isn't a lot of money in the diamond world although it is a lot of money.

I have just one Affinity ring. Paid under $100 for it including tax and shipping! At the time I took it into Saks where I then had a favorite sales associate and she helped me decide its worth to me. My ring is set in sterling, has two bands of 18K clad, and a center oval of diamonds. I was wondering if I should send it back and buy something "better." She pulled a ring from their display - by a name designer and selling for 12 times as much! Her recommendation was that I keep the Affinity ring.

That ring was worth every penny I spent on it. I've worn it and worn it and worn it. I should have counted the compliments over the years. Could I sell it for any intrinsic value? Almost not at all, but I still have over a thousand dollars I didn't spend to buy a better ring which wouldn't have been any more fun to wear! That's value to me.

Just for comparison. I can tell you that I have a diamond solitaire set in 14K which I had for just under 50 years now. I know what we paid for it and I know approximately what I could sell it for now. Was that ring "worth" its price? Of course it was, but more symbolically than financially because I could sell it for more than we paid for it, BUT if we've set that same amount of money aside in a "diamond account" and left it there, that account today would be far, far, far more valuable than my diamond is.

Jewelry for most of us needs to be a love of something we want to wear, and the more it costs the more we need to love it because in the long run most of what we buy isn't a great investment.

Honored Contributor

Are Affinity diamonds manufactured? Or actually mined from the ground? ... Not that the former is inferior to the latter. I suppose they'd be worth the same.