Contributor
Have any of you purchased an affinity diamond piece? How is the quality? Do they hold up? I’m looking at a ring for my 60th bday.
Contributor
It’s J414634

Looks like it has good reviews and another woman purchased it for her bday too. I’d love your opinions
Valued Contributor

I have bought many Affinity diamonds over the years, and I can tell you it is hit and miss.  Some have been beautiful, and some have been grey and cloudy.  When they say the diamonds are I2 be wary.  That is not a good clarity.  Most jewelers will tell you that is for industrial diamonds. The TV lights tend to make them look better than they are.  If they look cloudy on TV they will look worse when you get them home. If you really want good, clear diamonds try ShopHQ.  Look for SI diamonds.  They are a little more expensive, but worth it.  I think they are even having a diamond sale right now.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

When this line first came out, the pieces I could afford  I used to pick and choose wisely. I wear white metals so they're all sterling pieces. I have pendants, and rings mostly and I still have all of them too. I no longer can wear the rings because my arthritic fingers really have gotten bad through the years.

I love all of the pieces I still have. I've never had any problems with them.

Respected Contributor

I have a pair of Affinity earrings that I purchased in 2008. They are huggy hoops in an art deco style. They are very beautiful and sparkly even today. I also have a couple of Affinity pendants that I purchased on Ebay. None of these pieces have large stones but they are very pretty and well worth the price.

Respected Contributor

@CBonifacio  Before you purchase a diamond read about their clarity. I would not personally purchase a diamond ring with the clarity QVC offers. Most of the time they will look cloudy or gray. I would rather have better stones and less of a ring. In the end it is your own personnel decision.

Respected Contributor

I have an Affinity Heart ♥️ Pendant...had it for many years...looks as beautiful now as the day I received it, and I rarely take it off...

Honored Contributor

Only purchased one.  a one caret ring.  I knew I wouldn't be happy when I saw the box in came in with a special light inside.  Inside sitting the box, under that light.....it looked spectacular.  Coming out of the box....downhill in a very quick way.  They are H color diamonds.  The average Joe diamond is at least a G.  Anyway, Affinity shows the H through and through. Just nothing special about them.  Doesn't matter about the inclusions of the diamond.  Just the color ruins it. Oh I still have it. It looks OK wearing it alone. Nothing special.  It looks shabby next to diamonique.  So don't wear it together!  It's a working class diamond.  If you want better, look elsewhere. 

Contributor
Thanks! I know nothing about diamonds. I cancelled. We are gonna look at a real jeweler. Any advice for that?