Respected Contributor

Re: Adjustable Bracelets

[ Edited ]

I have a small wrist so it is hard to find bracelets that fit in the retail stores  QVC and HSN sell many that are Small, Avg or Large so that is where I buy bracelets.

I do not like the adjustable bracelets, I find the dangles annoying.  I sometimes can buy stretch bracelets - some are small enough

Honored Contributor

I don't like them.  They never seem to be easy to adjust after you put them on.  So now, I just avoid them.  Most of my jewelry clasps are traditional.  

Frequent Contributor

I bought an adjustable necklace which I loved, unfortunately, after awhile the silicone bead lost its grip so the necklace always droops. Needless to say I no longer wear it until I can find a regular replacement chain. No more adjustable jewelry for me!

Respected Contributor

I have some, but they annoy me. Nothing like dining out and the swinging chains, cords, or beads wind up in your gravy, or whatever. I much prefer a well fitted bracelet with a solid, manageable clasp. 

These adjustable, one-size-fits-all bracelets, mostly seem to benefit the sellers. They don't have to produce three different sizes, or be left with surplus of certain sizes that don't sell, as well.

It's simpler for sellers, but also for buyers who have difficult sizing requirements. For example, with a traditional bracelet, a small may be a little too snug for me, but a medium/average too loose. So I can get a perfect fit with an adjustable style. And, that's how I think these things were born.

Honored Contributor

It's the bolo bracelets that I can't stand. Those dangling ends drive me nuts. Unless someone designs an adjustable bracelet with some sort of mechanism to tuck the dangling ends away then I'm not buying anymore of them. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's the bolo bracelets that I can't stand. Those dangling ends drive me nuts. Unless someone designs an adjustable bracelet with some sort of mechanism to tuck the dangling ends away then I'm not buying anymore of them. 

@SilleeMee   I totally agree. I have a 6 1/2" -7" wrist and the length of chain hanging from the bead is annoying. It may or may not be easier to put the bracelet on, but not too pleasant for me to wear.

I think it's an inexpensive way to sell bracelets...not ordering different sizes and a one size fits all. Happy they don't this with with clothing.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925   I did see Erin use her teeth to hold the bead steady!?!? ...Not dentist approved.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch   I could just see the bracelet chain hanging in your food. Annoying to you, but a LOL this morning.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I was thinking about magnetic ends on the dangling parts where those could somehow be magnetically tucked away in an integrated magnetic area on the main part of the bracelet itself...something inconspicuous yet functional. I'm actually surprised that no one has come up with a solution for the annoying dangles.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Anytime I've had a magnet on jewelry, I attached myself to the frig. or other metal objects I passed. LOL