Honored Contributor

Five days to my next paperclip purchase

The 17th sale I mean.  Paper clips are beyond trendy, they are a downright fad.  I'm sorry gold is so high, I'll have to console myself with either gold plated or sterling.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Five days to my next paperclip purchase

[ Edited ]

I bought a set of three stainless steel paperclip necklaces in rose, yellow and white for a friend for Christmas and I paid less than $20 for all three chains. I almost kept them b/c they were so nice.

Honored Contributor

I'd love a yellow gold (not plated) and silver alternating paper clip necklace and/or bracelet. Haven't seen one yet.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a set of three stainless steel paperclip necklaces in rose, yellow and white for a friend for Christmas and I paid less than $20 for all three chains. I almost kept them b/c they were so nice.

I bought a set of 3 necklaces at TJMaxx.  Gold over bronze they are stacking one is a paperclip, one is rope chain, one is chain I am not sure what the style is with a protecting eye on it.  Under $20.00 and I love them.  Never thought I would like wearing more than one necklace at a time.  I do vary them up sometimes I just wear one.  The color is beautiful.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'd love a yellow gold (not plated) and silver alternating paper clip necklace and/or bracelet. Haven't seen one yet.

@Shanus 

I haven't seen any with that combination of real gold and silver. But I have seen some costume pieces that look really nice which I might consider b/c I think it's a trend and could go away.  These are $30 each. 36" and 18" (on bottom).

Respected Contributor

I bought a 24" stainless steel  paperclip necklace from Amazon for $7.29 to wear with my sterling silver pendants back in Sept.  I looks just fine with my silver & no tarnishing to deal with. 

I have 14K chains to wear with my gold, but never bought that many silver chains & what I had were too fine for larger pendants that I wanted on a longer sturdier chain.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

I haven't seen any with that combination of real gold and silver. But I have seen some costume pieces that look really nice which I might consider b/c I think it's a trend and could go away.  These are $30 each. 36" and 18" (on bottom).

Very niceSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I hope your friend will refrain from telling you when the plating wears off because it will, almost immediately.  Plain stainless kind of resembles Platinum but can be heavy @SilleeMee .

Good luck with it.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Be waiting longer now it looks like.

I got my gold one at Sam's for little over 200 think it was

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I hope your friend will refrain from telling you when the plating wears off because it will, almost immediately.  Plain stainless kind of resembles Platinum but can be heavy @SilleeMee .

Good luck with it.

I think it depends on your body chemistry as to it wearing off.