Honored Contributor

Re: AMY STRAN'S DIAMOND RING

She must have switched.  I saw her last night at midnight and she was wear a huge yellow DMQ ring.  

Honored Contributor

Amy is finally presenting her huge diamonique ring in tonight's Fashions Night In.  It comes in pink, yellow, and clear.

Just my opinion, but the center stone is just too big to be believeable. It's item # J370045.

Contributor

Unfortunately it's too big, it just doesn't look real.  If if was smaller like in 1 carat then I would consider it, but really it's just too HUGE!

Honored Contributor

I thought this ring looked really cheap and gaudy. No one is going to think that 9 1/2 carats is real.  Besides that, the clear stone is too perfect and looks like cut glass and the other 2 just looked fake to me, like bubblegum machine colors.   

Respected Contributor

I saw it (not impressed...too big) and was reminded of the wonderful 'Colors of Diamonique" shows that were back in the day. Still have lots of beautiful, unique pieces that I love from those shows. I look for those on ebay.

Esteemed Contributor

WRe: AMY STRAN'S DIAMOND RING

[ Edited ]

Oh, c'mon. It's obviously just for fun and there's all ranges of diamonique...some to be realistic and work with what you have, and others, like this, that are just over the top.

Of course, we could aspire to the real thing--like this one, the largest pink-purple diamond ever up for auction on November 11 by Sotheby's. It's called "Spirit of the Rose:"

The Spirit of the Rose purple-pink diamond will be up for auction on November 11, and is estimated to sell for between $23 million and $38m. Courtesy Sotheby's

Honored Contributor

I don't know how many QVC has in inventory, but I think the pink sold very well.  All sizes still available in the clear and yellow.  

A huge, diamond-looking ring to my eye always shouts "just for kicks."  I love my costume/fashion jewelry, like my 3" hoops with multi "gems" -- they're so cute.  It says (to me) that it costs no more than $10 from a discount store, but they are fun and I love them. 

However, I personally buy diamonique very differently.  I want it to compliment or switch out my real engagement ring. My perfect size is 3-ct for the center stone.  That's the believability threshold for my style. 

So for those that love and have the 6ctw, 8ctw, and beyond -- that's fantastic.   

Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know the details on Amy's new necklace in gold she's wearing with her Tiffany's Bean necklace? It has a name on it i think

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I don't know how many QVC has in inventory, but I think the pink sold very well.  All sizes still available in the clear and yellow.  

A huge, diamond-looking ring to my eye always shouts "just for kicks."  I love my costume/fashion jewelry, like my 3" hoops with multi "gems" -- they're so cute.  It says (to me) that it costs no more than $10 from a discount store, but they are fun and I love them. 

However, I personally buy diamonique very differently.  I want it to compliment or switch out my real engagement ring. My perfect size is 3-ct for the center stone.  That's the believability threshold for my style. 

So for those that love and have the 6ctw, 8ctw, and beyond -- that's fantastic.   

@Caaareful Shopper , same here.  I agree that some CZ jewelry is just way over the top and is for kicks and for fun.  When I want something like that, I typically shop at other cheaper stores because I know I'm not going to need or want the piece to last long. 

This piece for me personally fell in the too small to be kicky and fun but too big to be mistaken for real.  The presentation marketed this as the look of real and a dream ring.  Maybe they should have marketed it as just a fun, fashion ring.

Obviously the one is supposed to be a simulated citrine so one could have a citrine that large but the color looked off to me on that.  

I dunno.  I just feel I either want jewelry that I can pass off as real or I want it to be so large, there is no mistaking that it's just a fun, fashion ring.  I don't want something where people are wondering if I'm trying to pass something off as real.  

I wasn't fully paying attention to the entire presentation but I swear I heard Amy keep saying 4 carats but the on-line description says the center stone is 8 carats.  

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the yellow because I love citrine and it's not unusual to see a big citrine stone.   Not that I care whether people "believe" my stuff is real; I buy to suit myself.  I was annoyed over the size descrepancy between what Amy said and what is on the website description, though.  For Amy to say they "start with 8 carats of rough" was too ridiculous... no carat weight is ever given for the rough.