Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Now I see what happened to our often requested Steel by Design. ALOR, which is exclusive to QVC, is stainless jewelry.

The big difference? While Steel by Design was affordable, ALOR is at the $375-$600 price range. I have no idea why for steel, but I will not be purchasing.

Wow.... I've never been fond of stainless steel jewelry because it's a different color (to me) and I wear off any plating. but I've purchased Steel by Design.  I still have the first watch they offered (looks like a Cartier and it still looks wonderful) but will not invest that kind of money in Stainless when I can buy 14k gold instead.... 

@Q4u  Stainless steel is not plated. It’s considered a noble metal on its own. It’s used on designer watches and watch bands like Rolex.

I understand, I was talking about those stainless steel items that have some gold plating on them.... as decorative areas or even to make the item "look" gold or rose gold. 

@Q4u  Oh, that gold plating....Yuck (a professional jewelry term. lol)! The gold plated on stainless steel was never the real shade of any gold I’ve seen....

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I saw part of the ALOR show this morning I laughed my  butt off.  Seriously?  What fools do they think we are....$400, $500 for stainless steel????  Although as hubby said, at those prices they don't have to sell much at all to make a profit.  

@chrystaltree  ....or hopefully sell none, discontinue the line and bring back affordable steel.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE stainless steel cable style jewelry, but the pricing on this line is ridiculous.  A Q brand; come on, really?

Honored Contributor

LOL, you're right!  I re-read my post and it was confusing... sorry. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

This new line will Save Me from Shopping.  That is a good thing. 

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Now I see what happened to our often requested Steel by Design. ALOR, which is exclusive to QVC, is stainless jewelry.

The big difference? While Steel by Design was affordable, ALOR is at the $375-$600 price range. I have no idea why for steel, but I will not be purchasing.

Wow.... I've never been fond of stainless steel jewelry because it's a different color (to me) and I wear off any plating. but I've purchased Steel by Design.  I still have the first watch they offered (looks like a Cartier and it still looks wonderful) but will not invest that kind of money in Stainless when I can buy 14k gold instead.... 

I had that watch and it was my favorite.  It does look like a Cartier.  It has real 18k gold around the face.  I lost it last year and am still heartbroken.  

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I had that watch and it was my favorite.  It does look like a Cartier.  It has real 18k gold around the face.  I lost it last year and am still heartbroken.  

I am SO sorry you lost it!  Mine's packed away (we're selling our house).... and I'm in the mood to wear it.   Maybe you can find one on eBay?? 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor
Alor is not exclusive to QVC. The brand has been around for a long time. Bloomingdale’s carries it. Maybe the specific designs are exclusive.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus I'm with you. I was amazed at those prices for STAINLESS STEEL.  Count me out.

Trusted Contributor

Had to see what everyone was talking about.  Looked at prices.

. . . **THUD!!** . . .