Honored Contributor

A few months ago I found these items on Etsy (and also on eBay, from the same seller).

For those of you who "know" me, I adore paisley and I fell in love with this vintage necklace.

Vintage Turquoise Necklace Sterling SIlver Southwest Paisley Native American

The seller is in Australia, and the shipping was high.  I saw on another listing that there was a pair of earrings as well.  Although I do have pierced ears, I have not worn earrings since high school because I have cysts and so no matter the metal it causes pain/swelling.

Vintage Turquoise Earrings Sterling SIlver Southwest Paisley Native American

My friend @LTT1 helped me negotiate the price on eBay, to see if the seller was willing to deal.  I decided to get the earrings to see if I could have them made into a companion piece, as I didn't want them to be the ones that "got away."

I scoured online until I found this vintage set from Etsy.

Matching Sterling Silver Cuff and Ring with Mill Grain Edge image 0

I took the pieces to my local jeweler, and explained what I would like and to see if it was possible to "marry" the pieces.

I just picked them up today.  It took a few weeks as it is something that they have to send out.

So now I have a suite of jewelry!

I'm including @Kachina624 and @depglass because I know you like all things jewelry.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono   You certainly had fun with this one and managed to create some really pretty pieces.  My question is, is that turquoise?  It appears to be in the photos but there are other pale blue stones. 

If it is, I would have advised you not to do it.  For years I've been told that you should never solder jewelry that contains turquoise as the intense heat required damages the stone.  My favorite jeweler uses a laser welder which eliminates the heat.  Another local jeweler touts a method he uses where he immerses the majority of the piece he's soldering in cold water.  Many jewelers won't ever take projects that require soldering with turquoise.  It's hard to even get a ring sized.  I hope this turns out okay for you.  I bet you were excited to get it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

It is turquoise, and yes, it had to be lasered which is why they sent it out.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A Sweet Vintage "Suite"

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono    Whew!  I'm so glad you hired someone who knew what he was doing.  Many people who don't regularly deal with silver turquoise jewelry don't know that. Of course they see lots of it here. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Its amazing what a vision, a talented jeweler, and much patience can create.  I have been lucky up until now with skilled artisans who also fill the bill as repair people. Two stores have brought in new people who have GIA degrees. Does that make them skilled?  We will see. One new gal, who "apprenticed" under her mother for a couple years, has totally lost my business with one job.  She added gold to enlarge an engagement set (good), but failed to solder them together like I had requested.  I brought this up and she said, well, its not on the repair slip and refused to take the rings back to do that..  I had given the work order to her mother.and she would have just taken the piece back and fixed it. This set was purchased in Thailand, an estate piece for me, and had a beautiful brushed finish which she buffed out.  Totally disgusted.    

Honored Contributor

Very stunning!!!!!  You were clever to think of redesigning the pieces!

I hope this set will give you years of enjoyment!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
@lolakimono
That was fun negotiating! We should do it more often!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I am writing this as something funny

"well, they ARE paisley..." lol

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~